BE THE MASTER OF YOUR CLAT JOURNEY
CLAT is the gateway to the National Law Universities, which are the dream destinations for the aspiring lawyers. Like any national entrance, this entrance too requires the budding aspirants to put in the best of their abilities. One needs to get a good score to crack through the entrance. This is only possible when they have a strong understanding of the different subjects that form a part of the entrance examination. However, this journey of CLAT has multiple facets to it. One being the master of subjective knowledge, and the other being the master of yourself. The first aspect is comparatively easy to achieve as there are many experts out there who help you in the same. However, it is the second that is tough to ace. So, here we share with you some important techniques that will make your journey smooth and easy.
- Say No to procrastination: Procrastination is the action of delaying or postponing something. Frankly speaking, this comes naturally to most of us. However, the art lies in saying no to this habit and trying to inculcate regularity and punctuality in your routine. The word ‘routine’ itself means a sequence of actions that are regularly followed. All of you must have watched the famous web series ‘Kota Factory’, where the character of ‘Jeetu Bhaiya’ talks about 21 days challenge to develop a habit. So, if you look at this challenge carefully, the basis of it is also routine and regularity. Make sure that you have established a daily routine for yourself that involves studying, sleeping, playing etc. This will ensure that you give judicious time to all the important things in your life.
- Self-Awareness: You need to develop awareness about yourself in order to better organise yourself. For this, it is important to understand what are your strengths and weaknesses in terms of an individual and in your studies. Some people may be good at rote learning while other may have a strong hold on concept based knowledge. Understand and harnesss your abilities.
- Time management: This is another important aspect of a student’s life that needs to be catered. Stress can be a by-product of bad or poor time-management. Try to decipher the subjects that come easy to you and the ones that give you hard time. Divide your time accordingly. Learn to compartmentalize things according to their priority. Allot the requisite time to each activity. Time should be divided judiciously so that one can focus on all aspects of their preparation.
- Develop analytical skills: It is important to deconstruct a situation and analyse it. This will help to develop your understanding and sharpen your analytical skills. These skills will build a solid ground for your advocacy as well. Make sure you read newspapers and stay updated with the latest developments. This will help you develop an opinion about issues, which will in turn help in sharpening your analytical skills.
- Being Positive: You must have heard the famous saying that the battles are fought and won in the mind. It is important to have a positive attitude and a right mind set. It is actually one’s attitude towards a situation that helps the person to fight it. A person with positive attitude is calmer and has the ability to deal with the situations in a better way using his intellect. If the person has a negative approach, it will be difficult for him to fight the situation.
- Stress Management: This is one of the most important and unmanageable aspect of one’s journey. Students are unable to cope with the stress that comes as the biggest roadblock in their journey. It mostly occurs either due to lack of preparation, or self-confidence of an individual. In case, it’s the lack of preparation that is the causative agent of your stress, make sure you start working on your subjective knowledge. Remember knowledge is power. Once you start gaining the understanding of the subjects, your confidence level will start rising. This will alleviate your stress considerably. Also, you must inculcate one such hobbies that provides you mental peace and relaxes your mind. This could be singing, dancing, swimming, etc. Meditation and yoga can become your great friends in this journey as these techniques have proven effects and work phenomenally.
It is important that you learn to manage stress on the day of and during examination. Even the best students crumble under the examination-day stress and are unable to deliver their best. Make sure that you have done your last-minute revisions thoroughly and have all the essential requisites in terms of stationery and roll number etc. It is important that you calm your mind once you get the paper. Make sure that you fill in the details properly, which include your roll number and other such information. Quickly glance through the paper and start with the section of which you are most confident, followed by the less strong and weaker ones. Make sure that you don’t panic and correctly check the answers before marking the final ones.
- Asking for help: Last but not the least, never refrain from asking help. This could be personal or professional. However, it is important that one approaches the right person for the guidance. The right person will guide you with the right information and resources. Never shy away from approaching your elders, teachers and mentors for their guidance. After all, they are the ones who have had a considerable experience of life.
On that note, we wish you begin your CLAT-2020 journey with positivity and enthusiasm. We will be regularly providing you different motivational and guidance techniques to help you pace up this journey. Please stays connected with us and feel free to share your queries and apprehensions. We will be happy to help.