Consortium Of National Law Universities Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2020 Notification
1. The Executive Committee (the “EC”) of the Consortium of National Law Universities (the “Consortium”) met on 29th June 2020 to review the impact on CLAT 2020 of the lockdowns and other restrictions arising out of the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. At the aforesaid meeting, the EC assessed the feasibility of conducting the Common Law Admission Test, 2020 (the “CLAT 2020”) through various modes. It concluded that an off-line test, as initially contemplated, would require large scale movement of students to limited centres, and significant logistics in the handling of question papers and answer scripts, which is not possible during the prevalent pandemic conditions. Further, an on-line test at home with technological measures cannot ensure transparency, fairness and integrity of a high stakes examination process or maintain equitable access to necessary facilities. Hence, the EC concluded that an on-line test at a large number of centres compliant with physical distancing and public health safety prescriptions is in the best interests of the health and safety of candidates and test administrators.
3. Today, the Consortium of NLUs announces the following decisions in relation to the conduct of the CLAT 2020:
a. The CLAT 2020 shall be conducted through a computer-based, online, centre-based test to be held on Saturday August 22, 2020.
b. The full list of examination centres for the CLAT 2020 will be notified to all candidates on July 1, 2020;
c. Candidates may register for CLAT 2020 till July 10, 2020;
d. All registered candidates shall:
i) Select or reconfirm their test centres
ii) Withdraw their registration; by July 10, 2020.
e. Where a candidate withdraws from CLAT 2020, their application fee shall be refunded after a deduction of INR 400 for SC/ST candidates and INR 500 for all other candidates towards processing charges. Refunds will be made by July 18, 2020.
4. Candidates for the LLM programme in CLAT 2020 are hereby informed that the examination will include 120 MCQ questions to be answered in 120 minutes. There will be no Descriptive Section in CLAT 2020.
5. The Consortium shall issue detailed guidance with respect to the protocols and modalities of the computer-based, online, centre-based mechanism of the CLAT 2020 for all candidates to aid their preparations for the examination. The Consortium will also conduct mock exams for all registered candidates to build familiarity with the test application and interface.
6. This Notification is issued further to the Consortium’s Notification dated May 18, 2020. In the event of any conflict between the provisions of this Notification and the Notification dated May 18, 2020, the provisions of this Notification shall prevail.
7. The Consortium appreciates the patience and support of the CLAT 2020 candidate community, and reassures them of its commitment towards conducting the CLAT 2020 in a manner that ensures the integrity and credibility of the examination, as well as the health and safety of all candidates appearing for the examination.
8. Any requests for assistance or for clarifications may be directed to:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 080 47162020 (between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on all working days.
Success Mantra (GTB Nagar) Coaching Institutes Online Platform
Schools, colleges and universities have been closed since March 16 when the Central government had announced a nationwide classroom shutdown to contain the Covid-19 outbreak.
After that, a nationwide lockdown was announced on March 24, which was further extended till May 31.
As the Corona virus situation continues in the country, we, SUCCESS MANTRA (GTB NAGAR) COACHING INSTITUTES have started conducting online classes to ensure that the students preparing for entrance examinations do not face a setback because of lockdown.
All our regular classroom batches are running on schedule without any delay or disruption, with the faculties taking live online classes. The live classes shall continue till the restrictions are there and then the students can gradually return to the classroom delivery as things go back to normal, plus an additional online advantage will remain same after lockdown in form of online podium i.e. EASE VIDYA APPLICATION for mobile and website. The live classes follow the same pedagogy of high-quality teaching as their classroom coaching programs.
Click Here To Enroll Now For Crash Course 2020 | Flexible Offers Available | Join Now!!!