DARE TO BE A CLAT TOPPER?
10 INGREDIENTS OF THE RECIPE TO BECOME A TOPPER!!
CLAT is the national entrance to get through to the prestigious law colleges of the country. It is one of the important milestones in the journey of becoming a successful lawyer. However, the journey to achieve this milestone is not a smooth one and has its own ups and downs. As quoted above, it isn’t an easy journey but there are some qualities in an individual that can make this journey easier and a great learning experience for them. It is not necessary that these qualities will be innate in an individual as these may have to be acquired over a period of time. Let’s discuss these one by one:
- CONSISTENCY - This is one quality that often makes an average or weak student achieve his target or goals. You must have heard of the famous age old saying-‘Slow and steady wins the race.’ The famous story of tortoise and rabbit sums this trait in all. It is important for a student to be regular in the class and with his studies. Doing small amount of learning on a daily basis is not tough. However, keeping the same for the last minute definitely adds on to the pressure. Make sure that you are regular to the class.
- DISCIPLINE - This is one quality that is seriously lacking in today’s youngsters. This basically emphasizes on developing a routine and then following it religiously. This routine needs to be clearly demarcated in the terms of hours allotted to studies, work, play and hobbies. A daily routine also helps in building the consistency of an individual.
- ACCEPTING FAILURES - Everyone has bad days. It is not possible to be at your best on a daily basis. There will be certain failures that you need to encounter in life. These failures should be the bungee bags that provide you the strength and power to bounce back after a failure. No failure can be strong enough to put a stop to your journey and weaken your will power to achieve your goals.
- ANALYTICAL THINKING - You need to develop the art of crucially examining the situations and analyzing them carefully before arriving at any conclusion. The art of thinking rationally is one big asset that a lawyer needs to start nurturing right from the beginning of his journey.
- SELF-CONFIDENCE - True Knowledge enlightens an individual and it is this knowledge that provides a strong foundation to an individual. Ultimately, this strong foundation leads to building of a self-confident individual. This is one of the most important qualities that a person needs to imbibe because this is one quality that will actually help an individual to sail through the journey easily.
- SELF ACTUALIZATION - One needs to be aware of his abilities, strength and weakness. The person who has developed the art of self-actualization is clear about his shortcomings and knows the area that one needs to focus upon. For this, a person needs to be receptive to criticism and failures. These help the person to understand what went wrong, where it went wrong and how could it have been prevented.
- CLEARLY DEFINED GOALS - The goals need to be precise, clearly defined and achievable. Learn to set short targets such as achieving a good score in the weekly tests. Once you achieve these small targets, achieving the bigger goal, which is definitely cracking the CLAT entrance seems workable.
- RESPECT YOUR TEACHERS - Students need to understand the value of good teachers in their journey. It is their teachers who make the difficult and boring subjects easy and understandable. They need to acknowledge and value their efforts.
- DEVELOP A HOBBY - Amidst all the stress and cacophony of the exam preparation, make sure that you develop one hobby that becomes your best friend in this journey. It could be anything like playing chess, cooking food, playing guitar etc. These hobbies will become great stress buster during the times when stress is at its peak.
- TAKE CARE OF YOUR HEALTH - You must have heard your elders often saying that a healthy mind resides in a healthy body. During the preparation of an entrance, one needs to take utmost care of their health. Try developing healthy eating and sleeping habits. Refrain from mobiles as these are big distracters. Avoid Junk food and resort to something that is fresh and home cooked.
These were some simple and handy tips that will make your journey productive. Try incorporating these one by one in your daily schedule and you will definitely see visible and quantifiable results in your preparation. We have contributed our bit in your journey by sharing our experience in the form of these ingredients and now it is your turn to implement them in your life. Always remember that more than the destination; it is the journey that counts.