Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BCIHMCT)
"Hospitality with a Difference, Service with Smile"
IP-CET Hotel Management: Exam Information
(Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology)
Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (BCIHMCT) runs four-year BHMCT program, as per the curriculum designed by Indraprastha University (IPU). The norms and standards for delivery of the courses are as laid down by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of HRD, and Government of India. The BHMCT program is divided into eight semesters each of five months duration. Admission to this course is through IPU-CET (BHMCT). IPUCET (BHMCT) tests the knowledge of accounts, commerce and science apart from regular areas like Verbal ability, Reasoning and GK tested in other hotel management entrance tests.
Intake and Reservation Policy of Seats
AICTE approved intake for the programme is 120. Out of which 85% seats are reserved for Delhi candidates and 15% for outside Delhi candidates.
Reservation for specific categories shall be as per the guidelines of Government of NCT of Delhi.
The eligibility for the admission to 4 years BHMCT programme as stipulated by GGSIP University requires:
Pass in 12th Class of 10+2 of CBSE or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and must also have passed English (core or elective or functional) as a subject.
The admissions are carried out strictly on merit basis through a Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. The University conducts central counselling for the college affiliated with it.
Examination Format of IP-CET (BHMCT)
- Mode of examination: Offline
- Maximum Marks -600 Marks
- Duration of the examination: 2 Hours 30 minutes or 150 minutes.
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Each correct answer carries 4 marks. For any wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
||Percentage of Questions
|English Language & Comprehension
|Logical and Analytical Ability including Computer awareness
|Knowledge of Accounts / Commerce & Science
Analysis of BHMCT Syllabus
Section A: General English
- Comprehension of passage
- Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms, Antonyms, Fill in the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences
- Sentence Correction, Sentence completion, Sentence Correction, odd man out, idioms, one-word substitution, Different usage of same word etc.
Section B: General Knowledge
- Current National and International Affairs, Business, Punch line of companies, Top officials of big companies, Major corporate events, Trade and Commerce
- Famous award and prizes
- Science, Scientific Inventions, Social Science, Geography, International organizations
- History, Social issues, Culture, Entertainment, Politics etc.
- Sports, Finance, Automobiles,
- Travel and Tourism
Section C: Reasoning
- Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption – Premise – Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences, identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and Conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements.
- Puzzles, Syllogisms, Functions, Family tree – identifying relationship among group of people, Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding, Sequencing, identifying next number in series, etc.
BHMCT 2022 Exam Analysis
We’ll upload the data soon.
BHMCT Previous Years Question Paper
We’ll upload the data soon.