You must have come across a number of Law schools ranking reports and every another report talks about a different set of schools which rank among top 10. You would also be knowing the inside story of these rankings and the power of money involved. We, here come up with a genuine list of law schools/ colleges which you can't deny. This is the report generated by our ministry, i.e. MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource and Development).
The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) rankings were announced by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) for the year 2018. This was for the first time law colleges were ranked by the ministry.
The top 10 law colleges in India are:
- National Law School of India University, Bengaluru
- National Law University, New Delhi
- NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- National Law University, Jodhpur
- Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- The West Bengal National University of Juridicial Sciences, Kolkata
- Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow
- Symbiosis Law School, Pune
10. Dr BR Ambedkar College of Law, Visakhapatnam