Current Affairs Quiz Set 51
- Which Indian city has been awarded UNESCO’s heritage tag?
- New Delhi
- The Walled City of Jaipur, known for its iconic architectural legacy and vibrant culture, on July 6 made its entry into the UNESCO World Heritage Site list.
- The announcement was made after the 43rd Session of the UNESCO World Heritage Committee (WHC), underway at Baku (Azerbaijan) from June 30 to July 10, examined the nomination of the Walled City of Jaipur for inclusion in the World Heritage list.
- Jaipur was founded in 1727 AD under the patronage of Sawai Jai Singh II. It serves as the capital city of the culturally-rich state of Rajasthan.
- Which of the following won FIFA woman football championship?
- The United States Women's National team is celebrating victory as World Cup champions after beating the Netherlands 2-0 in final. This is the fourth World Cup title: 1991, 1999, 2015 and 2019.
- This is only the second time the 8th-ranked Netherlands team has appeared in the Women’s World Cup. In 2015, they were knocked out in the Round of 16 by Japan-which was, in turn, beaten by the U.S. in the 2015 final.
- UGC has launched STRIDES scheme to boost the research culture of universities. What does ‘D’ stand for in the same?
- The University Grants Commission (UGC) has approved a new scheme - ‘Scheme for Trans-disciplinary Research for India’s Developing Economy’ (STRIDE).
- Broadly, STRIDE will provide support to research projects that are socially relevant, locally need-based, nationally important and globally significant.
- It will strengthen research culture and innovation in colleges and Universities and help students and faculty to contribute towards India’s developing economy with help of collaborative research.
- What was the theme of Economic Survey 2019 ?
- Shifting of establishment
- Establishing a green economy
- Shifting of gears
- Working of economy
E: The theme of the Economic Survey 2019 is about enabling a ‘shifting of gears’ to sustained economic growth for objective of $5 trillion by 2024-25.
- According to the Economic Survey 2019, what is the expected GDP rate for 2019-20?
- The Economic Survey expects India's gross domestic product (GDP) to grow at 7% for financial year 2019-20.
- The GDP growth rate for the previous fiscal was 6.8 %
- Where did PM Modi launch the One Nation One card ?
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched One Nation, One Card for transport mobility in Ahmedabad.
- The Indigenous Automatic Fare Collection System based on One Nation One Card Model i.e. National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) is the first of its kind in India.
- The customer may use this single card for payments across all segments including metro, bus, suburban railways, toll, parking, smart city and retail. The stored value on card supports offline transaction across all travel needs with minimal financial risk to involved stakeholders. The service area feature of this card supports operator specific applications e.g. monthly passes, season tickets etc.
- Which is the first state to declare a state butterfly?
- Tamil Nadu
- Maharashtra was the first to declare Blue Mormon (Papilio polgmnestor) as its state butterfly.
- It is followed by Uttarakhand (Common peacock), Karnataka (Southern bird wings) and Kerala (Malabar banded peacock).
- Recently, Tamil Nadu declared ‘Tamil Yeoman’ (Cirrochroa thais) as its state butterfly.
- According to the Union Budget 2019, what is the import duty on gold?
- 1 %
E: The government increased customs duty on gold. Import duty will be hiked on gold and precious metals to 12.5%, from current level of 10%.
- Which of the following is the best police station of India?
- Keshav Puram Police Station, New Delhi
- Ashok Vihar Police Station, New Delhi
- Kalu Police Station in Bikaner district, Rajasthan
- Campbell Bay Police Station in Nicobar district, Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
- The Home ministry has released the list of Best Police Stations in India according to its performance in crime prevention, investigation and disposal of cases, crime detection, community policing and maintenance of law and order.
- Kalu Police Station in Bikaner district, Rajasthan has topped the list followed by the Campbell Bay Police Station in Nicobar district, Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
- Where will be India’s first elephant rehabilitation centre situated?
- The Kerala government is working to set up the country’s first elephant rehabilitation centre in Kottoor, an ecotourism village near the state capital Thiruvananthapuram.
- The centre, expected to have an elephant museum, mahout training centre, super-specialty hospital, a retirement home and crematorium for the animals, will house orphaned, injured and older elephants.
- It is being planned on the lines of the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage in Sri Lanka.
- Which is the first model village to be inaugurated in Sri Lanka built with Indian Assistance For War-Affected People?
- Ranidugama in Gampaha is the first model village inaugurated in Sri Lanka as a part of housing project meant for civil war-affected people and estate workers with Indian assistance.
- A total of 2,400 houses all across Sri Lanka are to be constricted by the Sri Lankan Ministry of Housing and Construction and Cultural Affairs and India has partnered with the ministry and is providing grant of Rs 1,200 million (USD 17.5 million).
- Who among the following has been appointed as the brand ambassadors of Myntra?
- Virat Kohli & Anushka Sharma
- Ranbir Kapoor & Alia Bhatt
- Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai
- Ranvir Singh and Deepika Padukone
- Which of the following won Copa America 2019?
- Brazil won their ninth title by defeating Peru 3–1 in the final.
- The 2019 Copa América was the 46th edition of the Copa América, the international men's association football championship organized by South America's football ruling body CONMEBOL.
- It was held in Brazil and took place between 14 June to 7 July 2019 at 6 venues across the country.
- Who among the following resigned as RBI’s deputy governor?
- Shaktikanta Das
- Viral Acharya
- Mahesh Jain
- SK Vishwanathan
E- Viral Acharya has resigned as a Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) six months ahead of the scheduled end of his term.
- RBI has decided Utkarsh-2022 as a part of its how many year’s strategy?
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) board, which met in New Delhi, finalised a three- year roadmap to improve regulation and supervision, among other functions of the central bank.
- This medium term strategy — named Utkarsh 2022 — is in line with the global central banks’ plan to strengthen the regulatory and supervisory mechanism.
- It is a three-year road map for medium term objective to be achieved for improving regulation, supervision of the central bank.