Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday inaugurated the (A) solar power plant in Madhya Pradesh via video-conferencing. "With this solar plant at (A), the industries here will not only get electricity, but even the metro rail in Delhi will get its benefits. The project exemplifies India’s commitment to attain the target of 175 GW of installed renewable energy capacity by 2022. Apart from (A), work is underway on solar power plants in Shajapur, Neemuch and Chhatarpur," Modi said dedicating the (B) solar project—touted to be Asia's largest—to the nation. He said that India is regarded as the most attractive market for clean energy. "India is looked upon as a model, globally, when there are talks of transition to renewable energy sources. Not just for the present, solar energy will be a medium of energy needs of the 21st century because solar power is sure, pure and secure. The idea behind 'One World, One Sun, One Grid' is to fulfill the energy needs of many smaller nations on the planet," the prime minister said.
The (A) project comprises of three solar generating units of 250 MW each located on a 500-hectare plot of land situated inside a solar park, developed by the (A) Ultra Mega Solar Limited —a joint-venture company of Madhya Pradesh UrjaVikas Nigam Limited (MPUVN) and Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI), a Central Public Sector Undertaking. The (A) solar project was the first solar project in the country to break the grid parity barrier. This project will reduce carbon emission equivalent to approximately 15 lakh ton of CO2 per year.
(Source : https://www.theweek.in/news/biz-tech/2020/07/10/pm-modi-inaugurates-asias-largest-solar-power-plant-in-rewa.html )
1. Term (A) is replaced with :
2. Term (B) is replaced with
3. An amount of _____ has been provided by the Center for the development of the solar park.
a. 145 Crore
b. 200 Crore
c. 150 Crore
d. 138 Crore
4. This project was discussed in the Prime Minister’s famous book. The book is ___________.
a. A Journey: Poems by Narendra Modi
b. Securing India The Modi Way
c. A Book of Innovation: New Beginnings
d. Exam warriors
5. This project is expected to reduce _____________.
a. Global Warming
b. ozone depletion
c. Climate Change Problem
d. Carbon emission
6. This project have been awarded by______________, for its innovation and excellence.
a. The Booker Prize
b. World Bank Group President’s Award
c. The Pulitzer Prize
d. UNA Prize
7. International Solar Alliance started in 2015 for a coalition of solar resource rich countries to meet their energy needs. Where is the headquarter of International Solar Alliance?
b. New York