Passage based Questions on Legal Aptitude SMLAQ018
- Under Article 32 a writ petition can be made to the Supreme Court by a person who himself has suffered only. Under which of the following, a relative or friend of a person aggrieved can file a writ petition:
A. Habeas Corpus
D. all of the above.
2. The right guaranteed under Article 32 can be suspended:
A. by the Parliament
B. by the State Legislature
C. by the Supreme Court of India
D. when proclamation of emergency is in operation.
3. Petitions to the Supreme Court under Article 32 are subject to the rule of Res judicata except:
A. Quo Warranto
B. Habeas Corpus
4. The right given by Article 32:
A. cannot be abrogated by the Act of Legislature
B. cannot be abrogated unless the Constitution itself is amended
C. can be altered by the State Legislature
D. none of the above.
5. The Supreme Court has power under Article 32 to issue directions or orders or writs in the nature of habeas corpus, mandamus, prohibition, quo warranto and certiorari:
A. only when there is a question of enforcement of a fundamental right
B. when there is a question of internal disputes among communal groups
C. when there is a question of election disputes
D. when there is a question of riotous situation.
6. Under which one of the following cases the traditional rule of filing petition only by the person aggrieved except in the case of habeas corpus is relaxed:
A. Trilokchand Moichand v. H.B. Munshi
B. Joginder Nath v. UOI
C. Rabindranath Bose v. UOI
D. Upendra Baxi v. State of UP.