Questions on Logical Reasoning SMLRQ014
Directions (1-5): Read the following information and answer the given questions:
Eight persons Adrika, Barkha, Charu, Dhara, Elina, Fatima, Garima and Harshita live in an eight floored building. The lowermost floor is numbered 1 and the topmost floor is numbered 8. Their heights are different i.e., 164cm, 167cm, 169cm, 172cm, 174cm, 177cm, 179cm and 182cm, but not necessarily in the same Order.
• The person who lives on the topmost floor and the lowermost floor, have the maximum height difference
• Only one person lives between Dhara and the one who is the shortest. One person lives between Dhara and the one whose height is 179cm
• Garima’s height is 177cm and she lives just above Elina.
• One person lives between Elina and Adrika and Elina lives above Adrika. Not more than two persons are shorter than Elina and Elina’s height is not 167cm
• One person lives between Fatima and the one whose height is 169cm
• One person lives between Dhara and Charu. Charu’s height is not 179cm. Not more than two persons are taller than Barkha. Dhara is taller than Adrika but shorter than Harshita
Q 1. Which of the given combinations is incorrect?
1. Elina - 169cm
2. Charu - 164cm
3. Adrika - 177cm
4. Harshita - 174cm
Answer: (3) Adrika - 177cm
Q 2. What is Elina’s height?
2. 182 cm
3. 179 cm
4. 169 cm
Answer: (4) 169 cm
Q 3. Who lives on the 3rd floor?
Answer: (1) Dhara
Q 4. What is the height of the person living on the 7th floor?
1. 169 cm
2. 177 cm
3. 182 cm
4. 164 cm
Answer: (2) 177 cm