Questions on Logical Reasoning SMLRQ015
Directions (1-5): Read the following information and answer the given questions:
Eight persons Adrika, Barkha, Charu, Dhara, Elina, Fatima, Garima and Harshita live in an eight floored building. The lowermost floor is numbered 1 and the topmost floor is numbered 8. Their heights are different i.e., 164cm, 167cm, 169cm, 172cm, 174cm, 177cm, 179cm and 182cm, but not necessarily in the same Order.
• The person who lives on the topmost floor and the lowermost floor, have the maximum height difference
• Only one person lives between Dhara and the one who is the shortest. One person lives between Dhara and the one whose height is 179cm
• Garima’s height is 177cm and she lives just above Elina.
• One person lives between Elina and Adrika and Elina lives above Adrika. Not more than two persons are shorter than Elina and Elina’s height is not 167cm
• One person lives between Fatima and the one whose height is 169cm
• One person lives between Dhara and Charu. Charu’s height is not 179cm. Not more than two persons are taller than Barkha. Dhara is taller than Adrika but shorter than Harshita
Q1. Which of the given combinations is incorrect?
1. Elina - 169cm
2. Charu - 164cm
3. Adrika - 177cm
4. Harshita - 174cm
Answer: (3) Adrika - 177cm
Q 2. What is Elina’s height?
2. 182 cm
3. 179 cm
4. 169 cm
Answer: (4) 169 cm
Q 3. Who lives on the 3rd floor?
Answer: (1) Dhara
Q 4. What is the height of the person living on the 7th floor?
1. 169 cm
2. 177 cm
3. 182 cm
4. 164 cm
Answer: (2) 177 cm