Questions On Quantitative Techniques SMQTQ007
Tricky Tuesday with Quantitative Techniques
Directions: Read the following data and answer the given questions:
In Delhi, UP and Rajasthan together there were 80 COVID-19 cases on Monday. On Tuesday cases increased by 80% as compared to Monday. On Wednesday, Thursday and Friday the number of cases of COVID-19, increased by 150%, 220% and 350% as compared to the respective previous day.
The chart given below shows the cases on each day in Delhi and Rajasthan as a percentage of total cases that day in Delhi, UP and Rajasthan together.
1. What is the increase in the number of COVID -19 cases in Delhi and Rajasthan together from Monday to Wednesday?
A. 250 B. 230 C. 225
D. 180 E. 245
2. The number of cases in UP on Thursday is what percent of the number of cases in Delhi on Friday?
A. 9.33% B. 16.67% C. 15%
D. 12.5% E. 8.25%
3. What is the difference between the number of cases in Delhi and Rajasthan on Friday?
A. 724 B. 792 C. 1080
D. 856 E. 742
4. What is the ratio of the increase in the number of COVID-19 cases from Tuesday to Thursday in UP to that in Delhi?
A. 5 : 21 B. 7 : 20 C. 11 : 25
D. 5 : 18 E. None of these
5. The percentage increase in UP from Wednesday to Thursday is what percent of the percentage increase in Delhi from Tuesday to Wednesday?
A. 50% B. 25% C. 45%
D. 37.5% E. 30%