Questions On Quantitative Techniques SMQTQ032
Directions: Read the following questions carefully and choose the right answer.
1. Ranu and Bhanu can separately do a piece of work in 18 days and 12 days respectively. They worked together for 6 days, after which Bhanu was replaced by Shivam. If the work was finished in next 2 days, then what is the number of days in which Shivam alone can do the work?
A. 28 days
B. 36 days
C. 20 days
D. 24 days
2. A shopkeeper gives a discount of 10% on the marked price and then charges sales tax on the amount obtained. He charges a % sales tax up to Rs. 5000 and b% tax for orders with marked price more than Rs. 5000. If a customer pays Rs. 180 as sales tax when he purchases goods worth Rs. 4000 marked price, and Rs. 189 when he purchases goods worth Rs. 7000 as marked price, find the value of (a + b).
3. In a city, 85% of the people use mobile phones. 60% of the mobile phone users use smartphones and 75% of the smartphones are 3G whereas only 20% of non-smartphones are 3G. If there are 120000 phones which are 3G phones, then what is the approximate population of the city?
4. In how many different ways can the letters of the word ‘OPTICAL’ be arranged so that be the vowels always come together?
5. Reshma bought a hand bag for Rs. 2500. Later she marked up its price by 15% and she sold it at a discount of 6%. What is percentage profit earned by Reshma on this transaction?
Correct Answers :