1. Which of the following has launched has MANI app for visually challenged to identify currency ?
c. Niti Aayog
• The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has launched MANI app for visually challenged to Identify currency Denomination.
• ‘MANI’ stands for “Mobile Aided Note Identifier”.
• The visually challenged people can identify the denomination of a currency note by using the mobile app “MANI”.
• It also works offline once installed.
• It scans currency notes using camera and gives audio output in Hindi and English.
2. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has amended the KYC norms allowing banks and other lending institutions regulated by it to use V-CIP. What does ‘P’ stand for in the same?
• VCIP stands for Video-based Customer Identification Process.
• It will make it easier for banks and other regulated entities to adhere to the RBI's Know Your Customer (KYC) norms by leveraging digital technology.
• The regulated entities will have to ensure that the video recording is stored in a safe and secure manner and bears the date and time stamp.
• The reporting entity should capture a clear image of the PAN card to be displayed by the customer during the process.
3. Who among the following has been appointed as the deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for a three year term?
a. Michael Patra
b. Shaktikanta Das
c. Sachin Patel
d. Binny Bansal
• Michael Patra has been appointed as the deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for a three year term.
• At present, he is serving as an executive director at the Reserve Bank of India.
• He replaces Viral Acharya, who left office on July 23, 2019.
• He will take over as the fourth deputy governor at the Reserve Bank.
4. Who among the following has acquired DHFL General Insurance.?
a. Binny Rawat
b. Vijay Shekhar Sharma
c. Sachin Bansal
d. Smita Patil
• Former Flipkart CEO Sachin Bansal acquired DHFL General Insurance from Kapil Wadhawan-led Wadhawan Group Capital (WGC) for around Rs 100 crore.
• WGC is the parent company of debt-laden Dewan Housing Finance Limited (DHFL) and this deal is seen as a distress sale.
• Sachin Bansal is the co-founder and former CEO of Flipkart.
5. Which of the following banks has launched myApps application to boost digital payments in India?
a. Axis bank
b. ICICI bank
c. HDFC bank
d. YES bank
• HDFC Bank has launched myApps application to boost digital payments in India.
• myApps is a unique customized suite of banking products to benefit urban local bodies, housing societies, local clubs and gymkhanas, and religious institutions.
• At present HDFC Bank is offering four types of applications — mySociety, myClub, myPrayer and myCity.
• It will allow institutions to customize their branding and content. Moreover, the app can be customized in over 20 languages starting with Hindi and English
6. According to the World Gold Council, what is the rank of RBI among central banks in buying gold abroad?
• On January 15, 2020 India’s central bank i.e., the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has been ranked 6th largest buyer of sovereign gold abroad after it purchased 25.2 tonnes in the first 10 months of 2019 according to World Gold Council(WGC) report titled “Outlook 2020: Global economic trends and their impact on gold”.
• The central banks of China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Turkey and Poland have purchased more gold than India in 2019.
7. Which of the following has launched the ‘Vajra Platform’?
a. National Payment Corporation of India
d. Axis Bank
• The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has launched a platform to make payments fast & secure -- “Vajra Platform”.
• The new platform Vajra is based on the Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT). It has been designed with the aim to offer automatic clearing and settlement of payments on NPCI products such as unified payments interface (UPI) and Rupay card & will significantly reduce the need for manual reconciliation.
8. Which of the following launched ‘Corporate Loan’ and ‘Ind Surya Shakthi’ ?
b. Indian Bank
c. Axis Bank
d. HDFC bank
• On January 30, 2020 the Indian Bank has announced the launch of two tailor made credit products i.e., Corporate Loan and Ind Surya Shakthi/ Indian Bank Solar which will be available across the country for the benefit of the textile sector.
• The products were launched during a meeting with high officials of the textile industry under the Indian Texpreneurs Federation (ITF), in association with the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
9. With which of the following has the Western Union Company partnered?
a. Airtel Payment bank
b. PayTm Payment bank
c. Axis Bank
d. HDFC bank
• Western Union, a global leader in cross-border, cross-currency money movement and payments, and Bharti Airtel Limited, a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 18 countries across Asia and Africa, today announced an unprecedented milestone in global money movement across the world’s significant emerging markets.
• The two industry leaders have come together to launch real-time payments soon into millions of Airtel Payments Bank accounts in India and Mobile Wallets across 14 countries in Africa.
• This key milestone follows the conclusion of new flagship collaborations with two leading subsidiaries of India’s largest integrated telecom - Bharti Airtel, namely Airtel Payments Bank, India’s first payments bank with millions of customers and over 500K banking points across the country and Airtel Africa plc Africa (“Airtel Africa” or “Group”), a leading provider of telecommunications and mobile money services with a presence in 14 countries in Africa.
• It will offer another channel for real-time cross-border money movement into India.
• It can soon direct a Western Union money transfer into their bank accounts 24/7 via their app in real-time.
10. Gen Qassem Soleimani was killed in US airstrike. He belonged to which of the following countries?
• General Qassem Soleimani, the head of Iran's elite Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps' (IRGC's) Quds Force, and architect of its regional security apparatus was killed following a US airstrike at Baghdad's international airport.
• The strike also killed Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, deputy commander of Iran-backed militias in Iraq known as the Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF).