1. Which of the following received the Best Motion Picture (Drama) in ‘Golden Globe Awards 2020’?
• The 77th Golden Globe Awards, which honor the movies and American Television were distributed on 6th January 2020 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles, California.
• Best Motion Picture (Drama) in ‘Golden Globe Awards 2020’ -- ‘1917’.
2. Zoran Milanovic has won the presidential election of which of the following country?
• Zoran Milanovic has won the presidential election of Croatia.
• He is the former Prime Minister of Croatia, who has pledged to make Croatia a tolerant country.
• The Social Democrat candidate, Milanovic took 52.7 percent of the vote, while President Kolinda GrabarKitarovic garnered 47.3 percent.
• Kolinda GrabarKitarovic was the first female President of Croatia
3. Tsai Ing-wen won the presidential elections of which of the following countries?
c. Hong Kong
• Tsai Ing-wen won the Taiwan presidential election.
• He won 8.17 million votes, while her main rival Han Kuo-yu bagged 5.52 million votes (38.6 percent).
• Her Democratic Progressive party retained control of the legislature, according to final results.
4. Who among the following has been elected as a bureau member (2020-23) of the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC)?
a. Bipul Behari Saha
b. Gagandeep Kang
c. Abhijeet Banerjee
d. Ritu Ghosh
• Bipul Behari Saha, a noted chemist has been elected as a bureau member (2020-23) of the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC).
• He is the second Indian after CNR Rao (former Director of the Indian Institute of Science and Bharat Ratna) to be elected for this position in a century.
• IUPAC has the responsibility of naming all new elements and compounds, declare atomic weights and physical constants, update Periodic table and carry out research projects.
5. Who among the following was sworn in as the 14th Prime Minister of Malta?
a. Robert Abela
b. Joseph Muscat
c. Soren John
d. Ben Williams
• Robert Abela sworn in as the 14th Prime Minister of Malta.
• He replaced ruling PM Joseph Muscat, who resigned amid accountability over the murder of an investigative journalist. Abela is the son of former President of Malta George Abela.
• Robert Abela secured a surprising victory in Malta’s governing party’s internal leadership contest to be elected as the new leader.
• Malta’s Capital-Valletta
• Mata’s currency-Euro