1. Who has been elected as President of the suspended Archery Association of India (AAI)?
a. Arjun Munda
b. Ritu Makra
c. Vijay Kumar Malhotra
d. Nitish Mehrotra
• Arjun Munda has been elected as President of the suspended Archery Association of India (AAI).
• Union Minister of Tribal Affairs Arjun Munda was elected as President of the suspended Archery Association of India (AAI).
• The elections were held as per the Delhi High Court order.
• With the support of former AAI president Vijay Kumar Malhotra, Munda, the president of Jharkhand Archery Association, defeated Assam Archery Association president and retired IAS officer BVP Rao by a margin of 34-18.
2. Who has been appointed as the Director of the National Book Trust on deputation from the Indian Army?
a. Yuvraj Malik
b. Yuvraj Mishra
c. Yuvraj Nanda
d. Yuvraj Mehta
3. Who has been appointed into Queen Elizabeth II’s counsel of Senior Advocate?
a. Ashok Jethmalani
b. Harish Salve
c. KTS Tulsi
d. Ashok Bhandari
• Indian lawyer Harish Salve has been appointed into Queen Elizabeth II’s counsel of Senior Advocate.
• He has been appointed as Queen’s Counsel (QC) for the courts of England and Wales.
• His name featured in the list of silk appointments released by the UK Ministry of Justice on January 13. Salve and other appointees will be formally appointed as Queen’s Counsel on March 16 2020.
• The title of Queen’s Counsel is awarded to those who have demonstrated particular skill and expertise in the conduct of advocacy.
4. Katerina Sakellaropoulou has been elected as the first female president of which country?
• Katerina Sakellaropoulou has been elected as the first female president of Greece.
• She received the support of 261 MPs in the 300-seat Parliament, including the support of members of the ruling New Democracy Party.
5. Which of the following states has topped the SDG India Index and Dashboard 2019 of Niti Aayog?
c. Andhra Pradesh
d. Madhya Pradesh
• Government think tank the NITI Aayog has Aayog has released the 2nd edition of Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) India Index and dashboard for the year 2019 in New Delhi.
• The Index comprehensively documents the progress made by India’s States and Union Territories towards achieving the 2030 SDG targets.
• Kerala achieved the first rank in the composite SDG Index with a score of 70, followed by Himachal Pradesh at 69. Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Tamil Nadu ranked at the third position with the score of 67.
• While Bihar is at the bottom of Niti Aayog’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) India Index.