36. Where has Indian railways commissioned India’s 1st governmental waste-to-energy plant?
• Indian Railways has commissioned India’s 1st governmental waste-to-energy plant in Mancheswar Carriage Repair workshop at Bhubaneswar under the East Coast Railway zone.
• It has been built at a cost of Rs 1.79 crore and has the capacity to dispose of 500 kg waste, including plastic and e-waste.
37. Which Indian state emerged as the best performing state in sustainable growth?
b. Andhra Pradesh
• As per the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) India, India’s youngest state Telangana has emerged as Number 1 state in the ‘Decent work and economic growth’ category.
• It got a score of 82 on Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) India index in 2019.
• After Telangana, AP and Karnataka stood in second place with a score of 72.
• According to the Niti Aayog website, Telangana improved in several SDG goals in 2019 as compared to 2018. The overall score of TS increased to 67 in 2019 as against 61 in 2018.
38. Where was India’s first e-waste clinic inaugurated?
• India’s first e-waste clinic was opened in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. The e-waste clinic was inaugurated by C K Mishra (Secretary to the Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate change,MoEFCC).
• The e-waste clinic was jointly set up by the Central Pollution Board Control -CPCB and Bhopal Municipal Corporation -BMC.
• The e-waste clinic is a 3-month project and if the project becomes successful then it will be established in other parts of the country also.
39. Which of the following is the first country in the world to ban sunscreen that is harmful to corals and sea life?
b. Marshall Islands
c. Pacific Nation of Palau
• The Pacific nation of Palau has become the first country in the world to ban sunscreen that is harmful to corals and sea life.
• The sunscreen that includes ingredients like oxybenzone and octinoxate is no longer allowed to be worn or sold in the Palau.
• The compounds are commonly used in sunscreen formulas as they absorb ultraviolet A rays.
• The pristine islands, which have a combined population of about 20000, are a famed diving location, and their lagoon is listed as a UNESCO world heritage site.
40. Which of the following states have launched a dedicated women helpline- Damini.?
a. Uttar Pradesh
b. Madhya Pradesh
• UPSRTC (Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation) has launched ‘Damini’ helpline service considering the safety of the women passengers.
• As the extension of ‘Nirbhaya Yojana’ the unique number “81142-77777” has been subscribed for this helpline.
• Using these helpline women passengers can lodge their complaints by calling the helpline number and by using WhatsApp service.