1. Who among the following will be the chairman of Supreme Court’s committee on road safety?
a. AM Sapre
b. BM Sapre
c. DM Sapre
d. CM Sapre
• The Supreme Court would appoint Justice A M Sapre, as the chairman of its committee on road safety.
• The panel's current head is former apex court judge Justice K S P Radhakrishnan.
• S Sundar, former secretary, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, will be relieved of his membership of the committee.
• Sanjay Mitra, former Defence Secretary will be appointed in lieu of Sundar.
2. Mikhail Mishustin will be the Prime Minister of which of the following countries?
• Former tax official Mikhail Mishustin was announced as Russia's next Prime Minister.
• The announcement was made amid a proposal for sweeping constitutional changes from Russia's President Vladimir Putin.
• Mishustin received 383 votes out of 424 in Russia's parliameent, with 41 abstentions and no votes against him.
• He previously held the position of tax minister for five years until 2004.
3. Which country has set a new Guinness World Record for the highest altitude fashion show event ever held?
c. Sri Lanka
• Nepal has set a new Guinness World Record for the highest altitude fashion show event ever held.
• The Mount Everest Fashion Runway was held at 5340 metres elevation at Kala Patthar, near the Everest base camp on 26 Jan 2020.
• The event was part of the Visit Nepal Year 2020 campaign of the Nepal Tourism Board.
• Models from various parts of the world participated in the show.
4. Which country is the largest producer of weapons in the world?
a. United States
b. United Kingdom
• New research from the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) shows that US is the largest producer of weapons in the world followed by China.
• The four Chinese arms groups generate sufficient sales to be ranked among the world's top 20 weapons sellers. The four groups have combined sales worth $54.1 billion (€49.1 billion) in 2017.
• In the past, China was a major importer of weapons from Russia.
• SIPRI ranks individual companies rather than countries. Three Chinese arms manufacturers would be placed in the top 10.
5. Which of the following companies have pledged to become carbon neutral by 2030?
• By 2030 Microsoft will be carbon negative, and by 2050 Microsoft will remove from the environment all the carbon the company has emitted either directly or by electrical consumption since it was founded in 1975.
• Microsoft has also announced its investment of $1 billion in a “climate innovation fund” for technology for carbon capture and removal.
• Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Microsoft: Satya Nadella