1. What will be the colour of Re.1 note printed by the Finance Ministry?
a. Pink green
• The Union Ministry of Finance has notified ‘Printing of One Rupee Currency Notes Rules, 2020’ .
• The One Rupee notes shall be printed at the note printing presses for issue under the authority of Government of India for circulation.
• The One Rupee currency note shall be rectangular 9.7 x 6.3 cms, with its paper made of 100 per cent (cotton) rag content. The note will be 110 microns thick, weighing 90 GSM (Grams per Square Meter).
• It will also have multi-tonal watermarks with Ashoka Pillar in the window without the words Satyamev Jayate, hidden numeral ‘1’ in the centre and the hidden word Bharat vertically arranged on the right-hand side.
• The design surrounding will be of the Sagar Samrat, which is an oil exploration rig. The rig drilled the first offshore well in 1974 and has been in service with the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) since.
• The overall colour of One Rupee Currency note will be predominantly pink green on obverse and reverse in combination with others.
• Currency notes were introduced in India in 1861, and the one-rupee note was introduced by the British on November 30, 1917. Although the printing of the note was discontinued in 1994, it was reintroduced in 2015 after a gap of 22 years.
2. Which of the following launched “We Think Digital”?
• “We Think Digital” Programme to provide digital literacy training to 1 lakh women launched by Facebook.
• It aims to provide digital literacy training to 1 lakh women across 7 states, including Uttar Pradesh (UP),West Bengal & Bihar.
• It has been launched in partnership with National Commission for Women (NCW) and Cyber Peace Foundation.
3. Katherine Johnson passed away recently. She was a _____.
• Renowned personality Katherine Johnson passed away recently she was a veteran Mathematician.
• She was a famous NASA mathematician at the age of 101 in Virginia, US.
• She was born on August 26, 1918, White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia, US. Her life was portrayed in the movie “Hidden Figures”. Katherine was awarded a “Presidential Medal of freedom” by former President Barack Obama in 2015
4. Muhammad Hosni El Sayed Mubarak passed away recently was the former President of which countries?
d. United States
• Muhammad Hosni El Sayed Mubarak who passed away recently was former President of Egypt at the age of 91, in Cairo, Egypt.
• He was born on 4th May 1928 in Egypt. He served as the president of Egypt for nearly 30 years (1981- 2011).
• He joined the Egyptian Air Force in 1949 and became the commander -in-chief of the Egyptian Air Force in 1972.
5. When was India’s first ‘Protein Day’ observed?
a. 20 February
b. 22 February
c. 27 February
d. 23 February
• Right to Protein, a national-level public health initiative has launched India’s first ‘Protein Day’ on 27th February.
• The aim of the day is to draw public attention, raise awareness, and educate India on the health benefits of protein.
• The theme of India Protein Day 2020 is set to act as a reminder for all Indians to daily ask themselves and others “ProteinMeinKyaHai”.
• The key objective through the day’s activities and beyond will be to spread more knowledge about protein and bring about a behavioural change by persuading Indians to eat adequate protein in every meal – at least a quarter of a plate.
• Globally many countries recognize February 27 as Protein Day and from this year India will also join this movement.