1. Who has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of International Business Machines (IBM)?
a. Anish Garg
b. Arvind Krishna
c. Rishi Mehta
d. Ravi Krishna
• Arvind Krishna has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of International Business Machines (IBM).
• He is an Indian origin technology executive.
• He becomes the third Indian to head US-based multinational company after Microsoft corporation chief Satya Nadella and Google CEO Sundar Pichai.
2. Who has been appointed as the chairman of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC).?
a. M Ajit Kumar
b. N Ashish Mehta
c. N Arvind Rai
d. N Akshay Mishra
• M. Ajit Kumar has been appointed as the chairman of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC).
• He is an IRS (Indian Revenue Service) officer of the batch 1984.
• Ajit served as member of CBIC and he will replace Pranab Kumar.
3. Mohammed Tawfiq Allawi has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of which of the following countries?
• Mohammed Tawfiq Allawi, 65 years old, was appointed as the Iraq’s new Prime Minister (PM) by its President Barhim Salih.
• He was the successor of Adil Abdul-Mahdi who resigned in November 2019 due to anti-government protests.
4. Who has been appointed as the President of the Paralympic Committee of India?
a. Deepa Malik
b. Abhinandan Garg
c. Abhijeet Bindra
d. Abhinav Bindra
• India’s lone woman Paralympic medalist Deepa Malik, 49 years old,Sonipat from Haryana, was elected as President of the Paralympic Committee of India.
• He was the successor of the acting interim president Gursharan Singh.
• Deepa Malik won a silver in shot put F-53 event in the 2016 Rio Paralympic games.
5. Who has been elected as the President of All India Chess Federation (AICF)?
a. Ajay Patel
b. Mrunal Patel
c. Idika Patel
d. Manish Patel
• Ajay H. Patel was elected unopposed as the President of All-India Chess Federation (AICF) by Justice Fakkir Mohamed Ibrahim Kalifulla, returning officer for the AICF & former Supreme Court (SC) judge.
• Other persons who were elected unopposed to AICF are Bharat Singh Chauhan as the Secretary, Naresh Sharma as Treasurer, M. Arun Singh as Joint Secretary and Vipnesh Bharadwaj as Vice President