1. Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai has been elected as the president of which of the following countries?
• Afghanistan’s Incumbent president Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai (70) wins second term as Afghanistan president as an Independent Candidate securing 50.64% votes.
• Mr. Ghani served as president of Afghanistan from 2014, and he also served as Finance minister of Afghanistan (2002-2004) and the Chancellor of Kabul University.
2. Who has been appointed as the chairman of the PFRDA?
a. Satish Bandyopadhyay
b. Saurabh Bandyopadhyay
c. Supratim Bandyopadhyay
d. Swayam Bandyopadhyay
• The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet approved Supratim appointment for a period of 5 years from the date of assumption or till attaining the age of 65 years.
• He was the successor of Shri Pankaj Jain.
• Supratim Bandyopadhyay served as Member (Finance) in the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA).
3. Who has been appointed as the new Chief Vigilance Commissioner (CVC).?
a. Sanjay Mishra
b. Sanjay Kothari
c. Ravi Mehta
d. Ritesh Goyal
• Sanjay Kothari has been appointed as the new Chief Vigilance Commissioner (CVC).
• He will succeed K. V. Chowdary as CVC.
4. Who among the following has been appointed as the new Chief Information Commissioner in the Central Information Commission?
a. Bimla Julka
b. Sudhir Bhargava
c. Rishi Sachdev
d. Ajay Mehta
• A high powered selection committee headed by Narendra Modi has selected Bimal Julka as the new Chief Information Commissioner in the Central Information Commission.
• Bimal Julka will succeed Sudhir Bhargava as CIC.
5. The world’s Oldest government leader Mahathir bin Mohamad (94) resigned as Prime Minister of which country?
• The world’s Oldest government leader Mahathir bin Mohamad (94) resigned as Prime Minister of Malaysia.
• His resignation has been accepted by Malaysia’s king Al-Sultan Abdullah of Pahang and also named him as the Interim prime minister of Malaysia until a successor is appointed.
• Mahathir has dissolved his entire cabinet and also called off his political party from Pakatan Harapan coalition.
• He also resigned from Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia, the political party of which he was chairman.