1. The Central Government has renamed Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA) after whom?
a. Manohar Parrikar
b. Sushma Swaraj
c. Arun Jaitley
d. Sardar Vallabhai Patel
• The Central Government has renamed Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA) as Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses in order to “honour the commitment and legacy” of late Manohar Parrikar.
• Late Manohar Parrikar was a former defence minister and Padma Bhushan awardee.
• The Defence Minister chairs the Executive Committee of the IDSA Institute.
2. Where is India’s tallest pier bridge situated?
b. Madhya Pradesh
c. Andhra Pradesh
• The Northeast Frontier Railway Construction Organisation has built India’s tallest railway pier bridge 100 m tall equivalent to a 33-storey building, across Makru river in the Tamenglong district of Manipur.
• The Rs 283.5-crore bridge with a span of 555 m is part of the 111-km Jiribam-Tupul-Imphal new broad gauge line. It has 47 tunnels, the longest being 10.28 km.
• A bridge pier is a type of structure that extends to the ground below or into the water. It is used to support bridge superstructure and transfer the loads to the foundation.
• The bridge piers can be constructed to be substantially attractive and strong in order to withstand both vertical and horizontal loads.
3. Where was India’s first floating jetty inaugurated?
• Union Minister of State for shipping Mansukh Mandaviya, inaugurated the India’s first floating jetty in Goa.
• The jetty was inaugurated on the banks of Mandovi river, Goa.
• The floating jetty is made up of cement concrete which was built on a short time, will boost inland waterways, they are environment friendly and 3 more will be built in Goa
4. Where was the International Judicial Conference – “Judiciary and The Changing World” held?
c. New Delhi
• The International Judicial Conference – “Judiciary and The Changing World” was held in New Delhi.
• The theme of the conference was “Gender Just World”.
• The aim of the conference was to facilitate cross fertilisation of ideas between judges of India and those from abroad.The Conference discussed the changes being introduced by the Government of India to bring Gender Equality in recruiting women.
5. Where was the 13th Conference of the Parties (COP) to the Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals (CMS COP13) held?
d. Andhra Pradesh
• The 13th Conference of the Parties (COP) to the Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals (CMS COP13) was held in Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat.
• The theme of the conference was “Migratory species connect the planet and together we welcome them home”.
• The summit was inaugurated by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi through video conferencing and was attended by Union Minister of Environment, Prakash Javadekar, Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani and Minister of State (MoS) for Environment and Forests Babul Supriyo, among others.
• It was inspired by “Kolam”, a traditional art form from southern India