1. Who among the following has bagged the inaugural Mathrubhumi Book of the Year ?
a. Vinod Kumar Shukla
b. Arvind Kumar Mishra
c. Ridhi Kumar Mehta
d. Anish Kumar Chopra
• Noted Hindi poet-novelist Vinod Kumar Shukla has bagged the inaugural Mathrubhumi Book of the Year award for his translated book “Blue Is Like Blue“.
• The stories in Blue Is Like Blue, translated into English by Arvind Krishna Mehrotra and Sara Rai, deal with common people and their daily struggles.
• The award carries a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh, a plaque, and a certificate.
2. What was the theme of the National Science Day 2020?
a. Women in Science
b. Women on the Top
c. Women rule the World
d. Women are great
• National Science Day is celebrated every year on 28 February to commemorate the discovery of the Raman Effect.
• On this day, Sir CV Raman had announced the discovery of the Raman Effect for which he was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1930.
• 'Women in Science' is the theme of National Science Day for the year 2020
3. The book, "A New India: Selected Writings 2014-19” consists of selective writings of whom?
a. Arun Jaitley
b. Sushma Swaraj
c. Amit Shah
d. Nitin Gadkari
• The book, "A New India: Selected Writings 2014-19", is an authoritative account of the policies and decisions made by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi government during its first stint.
• It is a compilation of selected writings by former finance minister Arun Jaitley.
• It offers readers with the late politician''s sharp insight on topics including GST, demonetisation and Kashmir.
4. When is the World Pulses Day observed?
a. 10 February
b. 12 February
c. 15 February
d. 20 February
• World Pulses Day is observed on February 10 every year.
• It is a designated United Nations global event to recognize the importance of pulses (chickpeas, dry beans, lentils, dry peas and lupins among others) as a global food.
• It was first observed in the year 2019.
• The Day also seeks to maintain momentum gained during FAO’s announcement of 2016 as the International Year of Pulses.
5. Who has been appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director of Air India?
a. Rajiv Bansal
b. Rakesh Mishra
c. Pravin Malhotra
d. Sushma Mehta
• The government appointed the 1988 batch IAS officer of Nagaland Cadre Rajiv Bansal as the Chairman and Managing Director of Air India.
• Mr Bansal is presently serving as the Additional Secretary in the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. •
• Debashis Panda has been appointed as the Secretary, Department of Financial Services.
• Rajkumar has been appointed Secretary Defence Production.