1. What is the theme of World Immunization Week 2020?
a. VaccinesWork for All
b. Give Vaccines to All
c. Vaccination for all
d. Vaccination is life
• World Immunization Week 2020- 24 April to 30 April
• The theme of World Immunization Week 2020: VaccinesWork for All.
• World Immunization Week is celebrated in the last week of April and aims to promote the use of vaccines to protect people of all ages against disease.
2. When is the World Sparrows Day observed?
a. 22 March
b. 20 March
c. 17 March
d. 19 March
• Every year March 20 is observed as World Sparrow Day to raise awareness about the bird.
• The diminutive house sparrow (Passer domesticus) is perhaps one of the earliest birds you can remember from your childhood.
• Every year celebration is organised according to the theme. The theme for World Sparrow Day is "I LOVE Sparrows" and is pictured like " I ♥ Sparrows”.
3. When is the Sarvodaya Day observed?
a. 21 March
b. 22 March
c. 23 March
d. 24 March
• Every year, March 23 also known as Shaheed Diwas or Sarvodaya Day is observed as Martyrs Day as a tribute to freedom fighters Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev Thapar, and Shivaram Rajguru.
• The Government of India declared March 23 as Shaheed Diwas. They fought for the freedom of India from the colonial rulers and sacrificed their lives on March 23, 1931. They were hanged to death by the British for the assassination of British Police Officer John Saunders.
• They mistook John for Superintendent James Scott, who was the brain behind the lathi charge against Lala Lajpat Rai and his followers, who were protesting against the Simon Commission.
4. Who among the following discovered the bacterium that causes TB?
a. Dr. Robert Koch
b. Louis Pasteur
c. Paul Ehrilch
d. Joseph Lister
• Each year, the World Tuberculosis (TB) Day is observed on March 24 to raise public awareness about the devastating health, social and economic consequences of TB, and to step up efforts to end the global TB epidemic.
• The date marks the day in 1882 when Dr Robert Koch announced that he had discovered the bacterium that causes TB, which opened the way towards diagnosing and curing this disease.
• Theme of World TB Day 2020 - ‘It’s time’
5. Which of the following has launched a joint initiative “Find. Treat. All. #EndTB” ?
c. Food and Agriculture Organization
d. Center for Disease Control and Prevention
• The World Health Organization, the Stop TB Partnership, and The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria have launched a joint initiative titled “FIND. TREAT. ALL. #ENDTB”, to scale up the End TB response towards universal access to TB prevention and care, and call on all countries and partners, including civil society, affected communities and development financing partners, to join in the effort with concrete commitments.
• The initiative will prioritize enabling access to care for the millions who miss out on quality TB care each year.
• Only by strengthening and accelerating a joint response, can the world meet the commitments set forth in the WHO End TB Strategy, Stop TB Global Plan to End TB and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).