1. Which of the following companies will produce more ventilators to deal with increased hospitalizations due to the spread of the novel coronavirus in the United States under the Defense Production Act ?
a. General Motors
c. Dassault Aviation
d. Thales Group
• President Donald Trump invoked the Defense Production Act to require General Motors to produce more ventilators to deal with increased hospitalizations due to the spread of the novel coronavirus in the United States.
• The Defense Production Act gives the president several powers to ensure that supplies for national defense are produced by U.S. industries and distributed to places that need them.
• The act has been reauthorized by Congress more than 50 times since it passed in 1950, most recently in 2018.
• Although the law was geared initially toward U.S. military capabilities, its provisions in more recent decades also have been used for natural hazards or terrorist attacks, among other emergency scenarios.
2. What is the time period for which the National Technical Textiles Mission will be implemented?
• On March 19, 2020, the Minister of Textiles Smt Smriti Irani presented the details of National Technical Textiles Mission at Rajya Sabha.
• The GoI has allocated Rs 1,480 crores for the mission.
• National Technical Textiles Mission aims to improve technical textiles in India. The mission is to be implemented for a period of 4 years between 2020-21 and 2023-24. It is to be implemented by the Ministry of Textiles.
3.In which stage of Coronavirus spread does the Community transmission of Coronavirus take place?
• Community transmission is the third stage of an outbreak.
• In this stage, it becomes hard to track the chain of transmission of the virus in a large number of cases. This means that the virus has started circulating within the community and can also infect those individuals who have neither travelled to a country affected by the outbreak nor have come into the contact of a person infected by the virus.
• In this case, a lockdown becomes highly important as any person can spread the virus, regardless of their travel history or the people they have come in contact
4. Under which of the following Sections was Kanika Kapoor booked by the Uttar Pradesh police?
a. Sections 188, 269 and 270
b. Sections 190, 211 and 280
c. Sections 188, 269 and 271
d. Section 189, 268 and 270S-a
• Singer Kanika Kapoor, who had tested positive for Covid-19, was charged by the Uttar Pradesh police under all the three section- 188, 269 and 270 for attending parties upon her return from the UK and not going into self-quarantine.
• Section 188 implies violation of orders by a public servant that can endanger human life, health or safety. Sections 188 come with a jail term up to six months and a fine of Rs 1,000 and is bailable.
• Sections 269 and 270 imply negligent acts and malignant acts respectively, to spread infection of disease dangerous to life.
5. Which of the following has launched an app - VeggiGo - for people to place order for essential commodities?
• Ranchi Deputy Commissioner Rai Mahimapat Ray said the administration has launched an app - VeggiGo - for people to place order for essential commodities.
• Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren said his government has decided to provide two months ration in advance to the beneficiaries of the public distribution system.
• Jharkhand has not reported any Covid-19 case so far.
• The state government had issued a rate- chart of essential items at the public distribution outlets, following reports that a few ration shops were charging higher prices for commodities and some others selling them in the black market, taking advantage of the lockdown.
• The government had also assured people that it has sufficient food items in stock to last for several days.