1.Which state launched the 'Jalsathi' programme which will ensure supply of safe drinking water to all households in the state ?
b. Arunachal Pradesh
c. Madhya Pradesh
d. Uttar Pradesh
• Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik on 18 Dec 2019 launched the 'Jalsathi' programme which will ensure supply of safe drinking water to all households in the state.
• Under the programme, about 5,000 women will be engaged in supplying safe drinking water.
• The Jalasathis will be responsible for water quality testing, facilitating new water connections, meter reading, bill generation, bill delivery, etc
2. Which of the following is correct in terms of five-point mantra of PM Modi that he shared with sportsperson?
a. Sankalp, Sanyam, Sakaratmakta, Samman and Sahyog
b. Sankalp, Sanyam, Sakaratmakta, Samman and Saman
c. Sankalp, Sanyam, Sakaratmakta, Samman and Sanvidhan
d. Sankalp, Sanyam, Sakaratmakta, Samman and SanshodhanS-a
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi interacted with India's top athletes and gave five-point mantra of Sankalp, Sanyam, Sakaratmakta, Samman and Sahyog to tackle coronavirus outbreak.
• PM Modi said that sportspersons have brought glory to nation and now have important role to play in boosting morale of nation and spreading positivity.
3. What is the total size of India’s NIIF’s fund?
a. 1000 millions
b. 700 million
c. 600 million
d. 500 million
• National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) is India’s first sovereign wealth fund that was set up by the Government of India in February 2015.
• The objective behind creating this fund was to maximize economic impact mainly through infrastructure investment in commercially viable projects, both Greenfield and Brownfield
• Multilateral institution Asian Development Bank (ADB) announced a USD 100 million funding for the Indian infrastructure sector through the government-promoted NIIF.
• The total size of NIIF's fund of funds has now grown to USD 700 million, with ADB's commitment, adding that the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank has also committed money to the corpus.
4. How many countries are members of the United Nations Security Council?
• The United Nations Security Council (UNSC) is one of the six principal organs of the United Nations (UN),
• It is charged with ensuring international peace and security.
• There are 15 members- 5 permanent and 10 Non-permanent.
• The five permanent members are-US, UK, France, Russia, and China.
• Its powers include establishing peacekeeping operations, enacting international sanctions, and authorizing military action. The UNSC is the only UN body with the authority to issue binding resolutions on member states
5.ristalina Georgieva is the Managing Director (MD) of which of the following organizations?
b. World Bank
• IMF MD-Kristalina Georgieva
• IMF HQ-Washington DC, US
• Chief Economist of IMF-Gita Gopinath
• Total Member countries-189