1. Which of the following has inducted in service India's first thermal detection headgear that will enhance the social distancing while still enabling the policemen to perform their duties?
• Delhi Police has inducted in service India's first thermal detection headgear that will enhance the social distancing while still enabling the policemen to perform their duties.
• Indian Robo Store group in partnership with the Delhi Police has invented this headgear that has been given the name -- Thermal Corona Combat Gear (TCCH).
• The wearer of the headgear will be able to scan the elevated body temperature-EBT. It will help in thermally scanning individuals from a safe distance of 10m to 15m.
• It will assist the police personal and health authorities to be on the ground and scan many people at once. It can send the live imagery to a centralized control center. It will assist in hospitals, supermarkets, and other public areas during and also post corona pandemic.
2. Sohrai Khovar painting (a traditional and ritualistic mural art) has received the Geographical Indication (GI) tag. It belongs to which state?
d. Tamil Nadu
• The Sohrai Khovar painting of Jharkhand received the Geographical Indication (GI) tag from the Geographical Indications Registry.
• Local tribal women of Jharkhand practices the Sohrai Khovar painting which is a traditional and ritualistic mural art.
• It is primarily practised only in the district of Hazaribagh during local harvest and marriage seasons.
• It involves the use of local and naturally available soils of different colours in the area of Hazaribagh district of Jharkhand.
3. Telia Rumal cloth (an intricate handmade work with cotton loom) has received the Geographical Indication (GI) tag. It belongs to which state?
d. Tamil Nadu
• Telangana have received the Geographical Indication (GI) tag from the Geographical Indications Registry for Telia Rumal cloth.
• Telia Rumal cloth involves complex handmade work with cotton loom which can be only created by using the traditional handloom process and and not by any other mechanical means.
• The teila rumal exhibits a variety of designs and motifs in three particular colours namely red, black and white.
4. Which of the following launched Pranavayu Programme?
• Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike has launched Pranavayu programme in Bengaluru.
• The program aims to create awareness on the need to self examine the respiratory health for personal safety of the individuals from the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic through advertisements in media.
• The number of positive cases of Coronavirus have been rising in Bengaluru and due to this it became highly important to identify the persons who are prone or susceptible to the deadly corona virus infection.
• It emphasises on the fact that the person can self-examine themselves for an early detection of the disease without it leading to the aggravation of the situation.
• This programme is an effort to assist people with low oxygen level in their blood to get themselves examined early before their infection becomes fatal.
5. Which of the following is an innovative, state of the art Mobile Microbial Containment (BSL-3) Laboratory developed by Defence Food Research Laboratory (DFRL)?
• Mobile Microbial Containment (BSL-3) Laboratory ‘PARAKH’ to the Mysuru Medical College and Research Institute (MMCRI) to test samples of coronavirus (Covid-19) at its hi-tech Viral Research and Diagnostic Laboratory (VRDL).
• The lab was handed over by Dr Anil Dutt Semwal, director of DFRL to KR hospital at a formal event.
• With this, an extra 200-300 samples can be tested in addition to the 400-450 samples being tested.
• It is a fully autonomous Mobile Microbial Containment Lab.
• It was developed by ministry of Defence in collaboration with ESIC (Employees’ State Insurance Corporation) Medical College & Hospital, Sanathnagar, Hyderabad with due permission from Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) within record time of 2 weeks.
• It is designed on ISO (International Organization for Standardization) 20 feet container and installed on Ashok Leyland 1618-2C-4700 wb cabin Chassis.
• It was designed during situations like bio warfare, but with the ongoing situation, it was handed over to the district.
• It has BSL level-three certification for containment, thereby enabling it to test COVID-19 and other similar heavily communicable infections.
• It has a RT-PCR machine as well as facilities for storage of biomedical waste.
• It can even be deployed in a site of emergency since it can operate on battery power.