1. Who among the following will be heading the six-member committee to prepare a module for a phased resumption of training in sports?
a. Sachin K
b. BK Nayak
c. Rohit Bharadwaj
d. SS Barla
• Sports Authority of India (SAI) has formed a committee to prepare a Standard Operating Procedure to resume training in all SAI Centres in all sporting disciplines after the lockdown is lifted.
• All training had been suspended across SAI Centres in view of the on-going Corona pandemic.
• A separate committee has been formed to prepare a Standard Operating Procedure for swimming, since the sport requires athletes to train in water and may have different health risks involved, as compared to other sport.
• The recommendations of the Committees are being made in consultation with respective National Sporting Federations (NSFs) and other stakeholders and will be sent to the Sports Ministry for final approval.
• The six-member panel will be headed by Rohit Bharadwaj SAI secretary. The members of the committee are: CEO Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS) Rajesh Rajagopalan, Executive Director (Operations) SS Roy, SS Sarla, Col BK Nayak and Assistant Director TOPS Sachin K as members.
2. Who among the following has been appointed as the brand ambassador of ELSA Corp?
a. Anushka Sharma
b. Ajinkya Rahane
c. Virat Kohli
d. Rahul Dravid
• ELSA Corp (English Language Speech Assistant Corporation) has appointed Ajinkya Rahane as its brand ambassador for India, Middle East, ANZ & SAARC.
• Ajinkya Rahane will be endorsing the brand's mobile application.
• This association aims to popularize ELSA Speak amongst Indian individuals who want to better their English pronunciation.
3. Who is the author of the book- ‘The Life of a Kargil Hero’?
a. Colonel VN Thapar
b. Neha Swivedi
c. Vijyant Thapar
d. Both (a) & (b)
• The book titled as ‘Vijyant at Kargil: The Life of a Kargil Hero’ authored by Vijyant’s father Colonel VN Thapar and writer Neha Dwivedi was released.
• Neha Swivedi is a Kargil war martyr’s daughter, an Armoured Corps Officer’s wife and a doctor by profession.
• The book is published by Penguin Random House.
• It describes the journey of Vijyant Thapar to join the Indian Military Academy and the experiences that shaped him into a fine officer.
4. ‘Finding Freedom’ is the biography of whom?
a. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
b. Queen Elizabeth
c. Prince William and Catherine
d. Prince Charles
• Royal reporters Omid Scobie and Carolyn Dur will be releasing biography on the lives of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle by the name ‘Finding Freedom: Harry and Meghan and the Making of A Modern Royal Family.’
• It will be released on 11 August 2020.
• The authors of the book were members of the select group of reporters that cover the British Royal Family and their engagements.
• The book claims to go beyond the headlines to reveal details of the couple.
• It will provide a glimpse into the lesser known aspects of their romance and decision to go their separate way from Buckingham Palace.
• The authors are mission motivated by a desire to tell an accurate version of the couple’s journey and finally present the truth of misreported stories.
5. Who has been appointed as the Chief Risk Officer of YES bank?
a. Neeraj Dhawan
b. Neeraj Vohra
c. Neeraj Mehta
d. Neeraj Garg
• Yes Bank has designated Neeraj Dhawan as its central hazard official with a quick impact.
• The board of directors appointed him as the chief risk officer of the bank for a period of three years.
• He will replace Ashish Agarwal.
• Prior to this, Dhawan was holding the position of chief risk officer for retail and business banking at Yes Bank.