1. Which of the following has launched the ambitious Sambal Yojana?
c. Andhra Pradesh
d. Madhya Pradesh
• The Madhya Pradesh government has re-launched the ambitious Sambal Yojana aimed to strengthen the lives of the poor and the SC and ST communities by providing them social security cover, right from birth to death.
• CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan transferred Rs 41.33 crores into the accounts of the beneficiaries of Sambal Yojana.
• Though the previous government had discontinued the scheme, the cards meant for the scheme can now be used again.
• Sambal Yojana was started in April 2018.
• The objective of this innovative scheme - from birth to death - is to provide social security to the poor and the beneficiaries of Scheduled Castes and Tribes. Under the scheme, Rs 4,000 will be given to pregnant women before delivery and Rs 12,000 post-delivery. Nutritious food will be given and the education of children will be free. Besides, free books, uniforms, mid-day meals are available till Class VIII.
• Under Sambal Yojana, 5,000 children of beneficiary members who score highest marks in Class XII, will be provided Rs 30,000 each as an incentive.
• The government will also make arrangements for their fees on their admission to institutions like IIT, IIM, Engineering and Medical Colleges after Class XII.
• Further, sportspersons will be encouraged by the state government. In the scheme, members of registered families who participate in the All India University National Sports Competition will be given an incentive amount of Rs 50,000.
2. Which of the following state has launched ‘HOPE’ portal to help unemployed youth?
• Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat has launched “HOPE” (Helping Out People Everywhere) portal to help unemployed youth to get jobs opportunities.
• The portal will be used to collect the data on the youths of the state who are staying in as well as the recently returned migrant youths.
• This platform will help unemployed youths for job seeking and skill development.
• The database in the portal will help employers to find suitable candidates for their requirements. The employers will get knowledge about the candidates like where they worked.
• When the database is ready it’ll be linked with the Mukhya Mantri Swarojgar Yojana.
3. Which of the following has launched automated respiratory assistance device called ‘Sundaram Ventago’?
a. TVS group and IIT Madras (IIT-M)
b. Bajaj group IIT Delhi (IIT-D)
c. Maruti Suzuki and IIT Madras (IIT-M)
d. Honda group and IIT Mumbai
• The TVS group and IIT Madras (IIT-M) have jointly developed a low-cost, automated respiratory assistance device called ‘Sundaram Ventago’ to provide breathing support to patience through controlled and automated squeezing of a self-inflating or Ambu bag.
• It includes functionalities to control respiratory rate (breaths per minute), tidal volume, pressure parameters and I:E ratios.’
• ‘Sundaram Ventago’ provides physicians a simple and cost-effective option to treat patients with respiratory difficulty in case of shortage of ventilators, and is especially useful in remote areas where ventilator facilities are not available.
• The device works with or without compressed/hospital air and oxygen and requires only a standard power connection to operate (easy to use in non-ICU wards, ambulances, remote/rural areas). It can also be used in conjunction with a standard UPS or can be mounted on a crash cart, wheelchair, bed, in an ambulance to support patient mobility.
• ‘Sundaram Ventago’ is designed to internationally accepted medical standards with an objective to give every patient quality medical support at an affordable cost.
4. Which of the following states has announced two new schemes- ‘Sneher Porosh’ & ‘Prochesta’?
a. West Bengal
b. Andhra Pradesh
c. Madhya Pradesh
• The Chief Minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee launched two schemes ‘Sneher Porosh’ to provide support for the migrant workers and ‘Prochesta’ to help the workers of the unorganised sector of Bengal to enable them to earn their living in the lockdown situation.
• Prochesta Scheme is to provide daily wages to all the daily wage workers whose livelihood are disturbed because of the national lockdown.
• The scheme application submission commenced on 15th April 2020 and the last date for submission of the application is 15th May 2020.
• The application to the scheme can be done through online in the official site: prachestawb.in or the form can be obtained from the office of District Magistrate or Office of Commissioner of Kolkata Municipal corporation for free of cost or through the android mobile application ‘Prochesta Prokolpo’.
• The migrant labours are required to submit the physical application forms.
• The Jai Bangla Sneher Porosh App can be used to apply for the Jai Bangla 1000 Rs scheme for migrant workers.
5. Which of the following country has named Street After Rabindranath Tagore to Honor Him On His 159th Birth Anniversary?
• On May 7, the world celebrated the 159th birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore, the Bard of Bengal. Among Tagore’s most permanent marks on history, is his penning of the Indian and the Bangladeshi national anthem.
• He left a mark not only on India and the neighboring countries, but around the world. That is the reason Israel paid tribute to him on his birth anniversary, by naming a street after him.
• The street named after Rabindranath Tagore is in Tel Aviv.
• The naming of the street took place to commemorate the poet's birth anniversary.