Quiz And Explanation SMQUIZ127
1. Who among the following is the US ambassador to India?
a. Rishi Mister
b. Ken Juster
c. John Sigma
d. Joe Biden
2. Which Indian state was the most likely to be impacted by Cyclone Nisarga?
d. Uttar Pradesh
• Nisarga, the first severe cyclone to impact Mumbai in more than 60 years, largely spared India’s financial capital as the severe cyclonic storm weakened after its landfall south of the city, claiming no major damages or loss of life in the region.
• The cyclone crossed the coast near Alibag in Raigad district with wind speeds of up to 120km per hour at 12.30pm.
• Mumbai remained largely unaffected as the landfall, initially expected to be 16km away in Alibag, deviated 75km from the coastal resort town. It made landfall south of Alibag. The cyclone’s eye diameter was 80km and the eye crossed south of Alibag in Raigad but rest of it crossed neighbouring districts.
• IMD’s prediction of extremely heavy rainfall was not reported in several areas of Mumbai.
3. By when will be the new definition of MSME implemented?
a. 1 July 2020
b. 1 August 2020
c. 1 September 2020
d. 31 August 2020
• Union Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, MSME has issued Gazette notification to pave the way for implementation of the upward revision in the definition and criteria of MSMEs in the country.
• The new definition and criterion will come into effect from 1st July, 2020.
• After 14 years since the MSME Development Act came into existence in 2006, a revision in MSME definition was announced in the Atmnirbhar Bharat package last month.
• As per this announcement, the definition of Micro manufacturing and services units was increased to one crore rupees of investment and five crore rupees of turnover.
• In case of small unit, the limit was increased to 10 crore rupees of investment and 50 crore rupees of turnover.
• Similarly, the limit of Medium Unit was also increased to 20 crore rupees of investment and 100 crore rupees of turnover. For medium Enterprises, now the limit will be 50 crore rupees of investment and 250 crore rupees of turnover.
• As part of new definition, Exports will not be counted in turnover for any enterprises whether micro, small or medium.
4. How much guarantee will be provided by the government for the loans taken by MSME?
5. What will be the rate of interest charged to the MSMEs on the loans they take from the government?