1. Which of the following has launched a new feature named as Fleet?
• Microblogging platform Twitter has rolled out a new feature –Fleets –in India that will make tweets disappear after 24 hours and will have no retweets, likes or public comments.
• The feature has been rolled out in India in testing phase while Twitter has sought comments and feedback on the same.
• Fleets are similar to tweets. Though they are primarily text, people can include videos, GIFs or photos in them.
2. Which of the following has won the world's largest solar order to build 8 gigawatts of photovoltaic (PV) power plant?
b. Acme Solar
c. Adani Green Energy
• Billionaire Gautam Adani's renewable energy firm Adani Green Energy has won the world's largest solar order to build 8 gigawatts of photovoltaic (PV) power plant along with a domestic solar panel manufacturing unit at an investment of Rs 45,000 crore.
• Adani Energy will set up a domestic solar panel manufacturing capacity of 2 GW (2,000 megawatts) as well as built 8 gigawatts (GW) of generation projects.
• The firm will get a fixed tariff of Rs 2.92 per kilowatt-hour (per unit) from the power plant over a contract period of 25 years.
With this contract, Adani Green now has a portfolio of 15 GW of renewable power generating assets.
• The projects will include a variety of locations, including a 2 GW single-site generation project that is tied for the rank of the largest single-site project announced globally.
• The solar cell and module manufacturing capacity of 2 GW will be established by 2022 and along with the existing 1.3 GW of capacity will further consolidate the group's position as India's largest solar manufacturing facility.
3. The Reserve Bank of India has proposed to restrict the tenure of chief executive officers (CEOs) and whole-time directors (WTDs) of commercial banks. What is the proposed tenure?
• The Reserve Bank of India has proposed to restrict the tenure of chief executive officers (CEOs) and whole-time directors (WTDs) of commercial banks to 10 years if the person is from the promoter group and 15 years in the case of professional management.
• Thereafter, the individual should be eligible for re-appointment as WTD or CEO only after the expiration of three years.
4. Which of the following has started Yoga practice for its officers?
• The Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) has started Yoga practice for its officers to make them physically and mentally fit at a time when Coronavirus is spreading rapidly in the country. A Yoga session was organized with about 100 police officers participating in various exercises and activities in Dhaka.
• Over the course of time about 1,200 police personnel will participate in the Yoga sessions organized by the DMP.
• Yoga was important to keep the police force stress free during the duty and the Yoga session was part of the exercise to morally boost the police during the time of the pandemic.
5. Which country has launched ‘Shohojodha’ to facilitate collection and distribution of plasma from patients who have recovered from Coronavirus.?
a. United States
• The Government of Bangladesh has launched an online network to facilitate plasma exchange between recovered patients of COVID-19 and those undergoing treatment for Corona infection in the country.
• Named ‘Shohojodha’, the initiative has been launched by the ICT division of the government of Bangladesh in collaboration with Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), a2i innovation lab and eGeneration to facilitate collection and distribution of plasma from patients who have recovered from Coronavirus.
• The plasma therapy for the Coronavirus patients in Bangladesh is under trial process awaiting final approval from the government.