1. Which of the following states has provided highest employment under MGNREGA?
a. Uttar Pradesh
b. Andhra Pradesh
c. Madhya Pradesh
• Uttar Pradesh has become the top state in the country to provide employment to the workers under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme MGNREGA.
• 57 lakh 12975 workers got employment in around 57 thousand village panchayats of the state which is 18% of the total work generated under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) in the country.
• The state has generated 7.93 crore man-days and the government will provide jobs to 10 lakh more workers in the coming days. More than 30 lakh migrant labourers have returned from other states to UP.
2. Which of the following states has renamed Its Environment Department As 'Environment And Climate Change Ministry’?
a. Andhra Pradesh
b. Madhya Pradesh
• Maharashtra has renamed its Environment Department as Environment and Climate Change Department.
• The department is handled by Shiv Sena MLA Aaditya Thackeray.
• This move will help the department to play an active role in climate change mitigation.
3. Which of the following has launched ‘Anti Venti’ mobile application ?
• In Maharashtra, amid the COVID-19 crisis, Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) has launched a mobile application “Air-Venti” to help residents in the city to know about the availability of the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) beds and Ventilators in both government and private hospitals around them.
• Octaware Technologies Limited, in partnership with Probity Soft Pvt Ltd, has developed this mobile application for MCGM and the data regarding the ICU beds and Ventilators vacant status is continuously being updated.
4. When will India become the president of the United Nations Security Council?
a. December 2020
b. August 2021
c. October 2021
d. January 2021
• India will assume the rotating presidency of the United Nations Security Council for the month of the August 2021.
• India, Norway, Ireland, Kenya and Mexico were recently elected as the non-permanent members of the council.
• These countries have been elected for a two-year term which will begin from 1st January, 2021.
• The presidency of the United Nations Security Council is held by each of the members in turn for one month as per the English alphabetical order of names of the member states.
5. Which of the following has launched a dedicated tool to curb domestic violence in India?
• Twitter launched a dedicated search prompt to serve information and updates from authoritative sources around domestic violence.
• Twitter has partnered with the Ministry of Women and Child Development the National Commission for Women in India to expand its efforts towards women.
• Every time someone searches for certain keywords associated with the issue of domestic violence, a prompt will direct them to the relevant information and sources of help available on Twitter.
• This is an expansion of Twitter’s #ThereIsHelp prompt, which was specifically put in place for the public to find clear, credible information on critical issues.