1. Which of the following has launched the “Decarbonising Transport in India” project?
a. United Nations
b. Niti Aayog
• NITI Aayog in collaboration with International Transport Forum (ITF) will launch the “Decarbonising Transport in India” project on 24 June, with the intention to develop a pathway towards a low-carbon transport system for India.
• India has been a member of ITF, an intergovernmental organisation for transport policy, since 2008.
• The India project is carried out in the wider context of the International Transport Forum’s “Decarbonising Transport” initiative. It is part of the “Decarbonising Transport in Emerging Economies” (DTEE) family of projects, which supports transport decarbonisation across different world regions.
• India, Argentina, Azerbaijan, and Morocco are current participants.
• The DTEE is a collaboration between the ITF and the Wuppertal Institute, supported by the International Climate Initiative (IKI) of the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety.
• It will also offer the opportunity to provide inputs regarding India’s transport challenges and how they relate to CO2 reduction ambitions. The discussion will help to focus the project further on India’s specific needs and circumstances.
2. Which Indian state has started a scheme called ‘Ektu Khelo, Ektu Padho’?
a. Andhra Pradesh
b. Arunachal Pradesh
• The Tripura government has decided to start a scheme called ‘Ektu Khelo, Ektu Padho’ which means ‘Play little, Study little’, from June 25.
• As per the scheme, the students would be getting audio and video contents on learning activities , projects alongwith fun and gaming activities via SMS or WhatsApp services.
• The Education state headquarters would share the learning contents to different district academic coordinators and they would share the same to headmasters of the schools in their concerned areas.
• The headmasters would give the responsibility to the teachers to share the contents among the students.
3. Which Indian state has entered into agreement with Reliance Jio TV t to educate 52 lakh students?
c. Andhra Pradesh
• Haryana government and Reliance Jio TV have entered an agreement that is expected to benefit around 52 lakh school children in rural areas.
• This new agreement is done under the Chief Minister's Distance Education Programme in order to expand education in rural areas without jeopardizing social distancing during the Covid-19 pandemic.
• Under the agreement, all four channels of Eduset will now be available on the Jio platform free of cost. It will help students to watch all four channels of Eduset through television, laptop, desktop, tablet and smartphone.
4. Which Indian state has launched Monon for Covid patients and quarantined persons in the state to provide emotional support, counselling and treatment?
a. Andhra Pradesh
d. Madhya Pradesh
• The Assam government has started a mental health support programme, Monon for Covid patients and quarantined persons in the state to provide emotional support, counselling and treatment.
• The team behind it comprises 220 psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, psychiatric social workers, and trained voluntary counsellors. It is led by Dr Mythili Hazarika, an Associate Professor of Clinical Psychology at Gauhati Medical College and Hospital.
• This is a unique kind of a programme, where the mental health professionals are calling those who might need help rather than just waiting for them to call them.
5. Which of the following states has launched a scheme to benefit 15,000 women of Kapu community?
b. Andhra Pradesh
c. Madhya Pradesh
• Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has launched the Kapu Nestham scheme which was one of his pre-poll promises.
• The scheme will now provide financial assistance of Rs 15,000 to women belonging to Kapu community and those who are in the age group of 45-60.
• In a period of five years, eligible women will be getting a total of Rs 75,000. About Rs 354 crore is distributed to over 2.36 lakh women having rice cards and belonging to Kapu, Balija, Telaga and Ontari communities.