1. In which of the following countries will India launch Kholongchhu project?
a. Sri Lanka
• A concession agreement for the first India-Bhutan joint venture hydroelectric project, 600 MW Kholongchhu project between the Bhutanese government and Kholongchhu Hydro Energy Limited was signed, paving the way for commencement of its construction and other related works.
• It is located on the lower course of the Kholongchhu river in eastern Bhutan’s Trashiyangtse district.
• This is the first joint venture project to be implemented in Bhutan.
2. Which of the following has launched 'e-Kisaan Dhan’ app for farmers?
a. ICICI bank
b. Axis bank
c. HDFC bank
• HDFC Bank announced the launch of ‘e-Kisaan Dhan' app for farmers allover India. Through this app the farmers will be able to access a bouquet of services, both banking and agriculture, through their mobile phones.
• 'e-Kisaan Dhan’ will provide value-added services like mandi prices, latest farming news, weather forecast, information on seed varieties, SMS advisory, e-pashuhaat, Kisan TV, and more.
3. Yuva Pay is the digital wallet of which of the following banks?
b. ICICI bank
c. YES bank
d. Axis bank
• Yes Bank launched its digital wallet solution ‘Yuva Pay’ in partnership with UDMA Technologies to enable contactless payments for its customers.
• The digital wallet issued under minimum KYC regulations to Yes Bank will offer bill payments via Bharat Bill Pay and provide Unified Payments Interface (UPI) facility to customers.
• Through the app, customers can pay their utility bills (including municipal, house, water tax, electricity, LPG, DTH, Mobile bill, license fees), make insurance renewals, FASTag recharges, EMI payments, and use the app to make payments at retail outlets.
4. Which of the following has set up a Swavalamban Crisis Responsive Fund to support free onboarding for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) on trade receivables discounting system (TReDS)?
d. Niti Aayog
• Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has set up a Swavalamban Crisis Responsive Fund to support free onboarding for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) on trade receivables discounting system (TReDS).
• The free onboarding of MSMEs would be available till September-end.
• It is an open-ended fund and the target is to onboard 10,000 MSMEs during the period. Usually, an MSME has to pay a fee of Rs 5,000 to Rs 10,000 for getting registered on a TReDS platform.
• TReDS is an electronic platform where receivables of MSMEs drawn against buyers, including large corporates, public sector undertakings and government departments, are financed through multiple financiers at competitive rates through an auction mechanism.
5. Which Indian city has been named in ‘The Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2020’ by Startup Genome?
• Indian's startup capital Bengaluru has been ranked in the world's top 30 startup ecosystems in ‘The Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2020’ by Startup Genome.
• Bengaluru is at the 26th spot and the only Indian city to feature in the list.
• This list has been topped by the Silicon Valley in California.
• While Delhi is in the runner-up category at the 36th spot, Mumbai ranks first in the list of top 100 emerging ecosystem ranking. The list of emerging startup hubs also includes Chennai, Hyderabad and Pune.