IHM-A conducts the Admission process directly and has no admission agencies, tutorial classes, branches and does not subscribe to any channels or authorized intermediaries; electronic or otherwise to officially represent the Institute during the Admission process.
Please be advised that www.ihmaurangabad.ac.in is the only electronic official channel of registration. If you are unable to complete any part of this process, please contact our Admission Officer on [email protected] only and you will receive a response within 24 hours.
You must complete all prescribed admission processes ONLY through our authorized online procedure. Your admission to IHM-A and University of Huddersfield, UK would be governed by applicable regulations surrounding our collaborative relationship between Maulana Azad Educational Trust, Indian Hotels Company Limited (Taj Group) and University of Huddersfield.
- While you are already logged on here, remember to procure a unique id for yourself and continue the process – detailed registration, online payment and complete the profiling test.
- Before you leave this site, make sure you have completed the detailed registration form by clicking on the registration button.
- In order for you to be able to access the profiling test, you must make an online payment of Rs. 1,500/- (Indian Rupees One Thousand Five Hundred Only).
- Your electronic profiling assessment will be sent to your registered email address, you need to click the test link, complete the test and then read through your assessment report.
- You will be required to carry a hard copy of this assessment report for verification before you proceed with the next steps to a Group Discussion, writing a Statement of Purpose and finally participating in a Personal Interview in April/May 2020.
- We will short-list you based on a collective assessment of your Profiling (weightage – 20%), Statement of Purpose (weightage – 10%), Group Discussion (weightage – 20%) and a Personal Interview (weightage – 50%).
The rationale behind taking this Online Profiling Test is to ensure that you can see your results immediately without causing any undue anxiety. This test will help you to see yourself in a new light, facilitate your growth and allow you to develop adequately before you meet us for the Group Discussion and Personal Interview. You will be advised to write a 1500 word Statement of Purpose to share with us – your perspective on the role this education at IHM-A would play in shaping your future by creating a vibrant personality who would succeed in the hospitality world.
Our Admission Team at IHM-A will conduct the group discussion and personal interview in coming months to ensure that we select you for a career rather than judge you competitively. You will have an option to meet us in any of these locations at a Taj Group Hotel in New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and at the Institute in Aurangabad.
You should have completed the Std.XII (10+2) or equivalent examination in any stream with English as the medium of instruction to participate in this admission process. If you have appeared for the board exams in the current year and are awaiting results you can still apply. You will be admitted to IHM-A only if you successfully qualify in the Board Examination.
Yes, once you have registered yourself on the Institute’s admission website, you could proceed and check this list.
- Have you completed the entire process on www.ihmaurangabad.ac.in?
- Have you completed the detailed registration process?
- Have you made the online payment successfully and got a confirmation?
- Have you completed the profiling test and read your profile feedback?
- Are you preparing yourself for the group discussion and personal interview?
- Are you reading up current affairs to update yourself on what is happening in the world?
- Are you equipped for the group discussion to demonstrate how you interact with people?
- Are you equipped to write your own statement of purpose with world-class education?
- Have you groomed yourself for the interview and chosen your best professional look?
- Are you motivated to pursue a career in this exciting industry with global ambitions?
We look forward to meeting you in person to facilitate a discussion to enable you make an informed career choice in Hotel Management or Culinary Arts based on your talents and aptitude. This is a process designed to ensure that there is a fit between your talent and aspiration
During your Personal Interview we will be seeking talent in the following five areas:
- Communication Skills
- Analytical Skills
- General Awareness
- Service Orientation
- Personality Factors
Please adhere to the prescribed dress code when you meet us at the designated Centre.
- Ladies - formal attire - saris or business suits preferred - formal ensembles or a full sleeved shirt, scarves and formal shoes.
- Gentlemen - formal attire – suit, jacket or blazer preferred - formal trousers, full sleeved shirt, neck tie and formal shoes.
You receive an official email from your Dean or a phone call from the Institute’s Admission Office based on your collective performance in the Online Profiling Test, Statement of Purpose, Group Discussion and Personal Interview. You will see a merit list on the Admissions website.
If you have any queries after the entire process is complete drop us a line on email and we will be delighted to interact with you. We hope you gain from this interactive selection experience.
- All correspondence pertaining to Admissions would be sent to you electronically on your registered email address only.
- Once you complete the admission process and receive an offer from us, you will be required to produce all original certificates for verification.
- You are not required to upload any documents or send hard copies unless specifically requested by the Admissions Officer.
- You must ensure not to furnish any information which could be falsified as this will lead to dismissal without any representation.
- You are not permitted to pursue any full time employment once admitted here. We expect you to completely dedicate yourself to your studies while at the Institute. We will provide adequate training in our ancillary hotel, Vivanta by Taj - Aurangabad.
- Should you find any need for arbitration, please be aware that this will be subject to the legal jurisdiction of Aurangabad (Maharashtra) only.