Exam Information: Symbiosis School of Culinary Arts
Symbiosis School of Culinary Arts (SSCA) is a constituent of Symbiosis International University, founded in 1996, and is the first school fully dedicated in offering qualifications in culinary science and arts in the country.
Master Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the Chair Professor of this school and has team of professional chefs to train youngsters for a skilled and grueling culinary profession.
What is Hospitality & Culinary Management?
Hospitality & Culinary Management education is a multifaceted discipline that encompasses areas such as Hotels and Resorts, Leisure industry; Food and Beverage Operations; Travel; Event management, Facilities Management amongst many others.
What is the difference between Hospitality & Culinary Management and Hotel Management?
Hospitality & Culinary Management education encompasses all facets of service and business management, where students take up careers in various service oriented supervisory or managerial job positions. The career prospects and job opportunities are much wider and varied when a student has Hospitality & Culinary Management qualification. Whereas Hotel management education involves learning operational aspects of hotel administration, front office, housekeeping, maintenance, catering, etc. Hotel management is focused solely on the hotel industry and its functioning.
What are the courses offered by SSCA?
- B.Sc. (Culinary Arts)
- B.Sc. (Hospitality Management)
- Diploma In Bakery and Patisserie Skills
What is the eligibility for admission to SSCA?
Eligibility: B.Sc. (Culinary Arts) & B.Sc. (Hospitality Management)
- Passed 10+2 examinations with at least 50% (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category)
- Good scores/ranks in Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)
International Students: (NRI/PIO/Foreign Nationals)
- Passed 10 + 2 examinations.
- Do not have to appear for entrance exam (SET/JEE) in India.
- International Student’s eligibility as per SCEI norms. Please follow the link http://scie.ac.in
Reservation With Sanctioned Intake:
- Scheduled Caste: 15%
- Scheduled Tribe: 7.5%
- Differently able Students: 3%
Eligibility: Diploma in Bakery And Patisserie Skills
- 12th Pass or Equivalent Qualification
- No Age Limit
Bachelor of Science- BSc (Hospitality Management)- 60
What is the Examination Format of SET-General?
- Mode of examination: Offline
- Maximum Marks: 150 Marks
- Duration of the examination: 2 Hours 30 minutes or 150 minutes.
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
||Number of Questions
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning
What is the duration of the course?
The course is a 3 years’ full-time course. It is divided into 6 semesters (5 semesters in college and 1 full semester industry externship).
What is the admission process in Symbiosis School of Culinary Arts?
Admission Process: B.Sc. (Culinary Arts) & B.Sc. (Hospitality Management)
For CBSE, HSC, ISC, Cambridge, NIOS, and Respective State Boards Respective State Boards Curriculum Students:
- For Students graduating 12th from India (CBSE, HSC, ISC, Cambridge and Respective State Boards) the applicant is required to undergo the Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET).
- The SET exam is mandatory to qualify for next stage in admission to SSCA. Please log into www.set-test.org for registration. You have to pay Rs.1750/- as SET registration fee.
- IB students are not exempt from appearing for SET in May.
- International Students are exempt from appearing for Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET).
- Please visit the Symbiosis Centre for International Education (SCIE) website for admissions details.
- Click on the 'Undergraduate Admissions Procedure' tab under the 'Admissions' tab for complete details.
- Please note that all international admissions are handled solely by SCIE and not by SSCA. For any information regarding / clarifications regarding the same, please contact SCIE on the email / phone numbers provided on their website. http://scie.ac.in
Admission Process: Diploma in Bakery and Patisserie Skills
- Online Registrations for Diploma Commences
- Personal Interview and Writing Ability Test (PI-WAT)
- Institute Merit List
- Payment Of Fees
- Reporting To SSCA
Diploma Registration Fee of Rs. 1500/-
What is the duration of the internship?
At SSCA, a student has to undergo two internships. The first is a six-month internship at the end of first year of academics. We encourage students to pursue this six months’ internship in operational departments of renowned hospitality organizations. The second internship is for a duration of six weeks during the third year of academics. The six weeks’ internship is more focused on learning the managerial skills where a student shadows decision maker and understands the intricacies leading a department / organization etc. We encourage the students to pursue this internship in an allied area of the hospitality/ service sector.
Can the internship be done abroad?
Yes, the internship can be done abroad. The institute has collaboration with multiple agencies which assist in facilitating these internships. The institute provides assistance to the aspirants through our training & placement cell, by connecting them to these agencies which in turn guide the students to make their choice.
What are the opportunities after the completion of the course?
The Hospitality and Service industry has extremely vibrant and rewarding careers on offer. Besides core hospitality industry, the students can find opportunities in FMCG Retail, Banking & Finance, Entertainment & Gaming industries, Meetings & Events Sector, Facilities Management, Travel & Tourism and many more.
What are the job profiles we will be eligible for after the completion of the course?
The Hospitality and Service sectors are ever evolving and rapidly changing. The B.Sc. (Hospitality & Culinary Management) syllabus has been designed to match the current requirements of these sectors. We intend to train the students to embrace managerial and strategic positions within the industry, where there is a serious dearth of trained professionals.
What are the attributes required to enroll in the course?
To train and work in the services sector, certain attributes are the key. To name a few vital ones are discipline, time management, being organized, go getter positive attitude, strong theoretical and practical knowledge along with good communication skills.
Who will be the faculty for Hospitality & Culinary Management?
All faculties at SSCA have a rich industry experience as hospitality professionals as well as academics. They impart the best skills within a disciplined atmosphere at the institute. SSCA has team of professionally trained faculty for each of the core and allied subjects. Faculty are drawn from the pool of faculty members from other Symbiosis Institutions under the aegis of Symbiosis International (Deemed) University.
What subjects are covered in the curriculum?
The programmes have been dived into five important modules of learning
- Hospitality Operations Management Courses
- Business Management Courses
- Finance Management Courses
- Human Resources Management Courses
- Supplementary Courses
The operational modules cover core theory and practical learning such as Accommodation Operations, Food & Beverage Service Operations, Culinary and Bakery / Pastry. Besides, there are courses related to Hospitality Law, Hospitality Computing Sales Marketing, HRM, Applied Nutrition, Revenue Management and many more that provide a holistic development to students.
Does the institute help in placement after the completion of the course?
The Placement cell of SSCA shall definitely bridge the gap and connect students with prospective employers. Students need to have a good track record with regards to attendance, academics and extracurricular activities while at SSCA.
What is the fee structure for Hospitality & Culinary Management?
|Program Fees For B.Sc (Hospitality & Culinary Management) (Indian Student)
||Amount for 1st Year
|Academic Fees (Per Annum)
|Institute Deposit (Refundable)
Symbiosis School of Culinary Arts 2022 Analysis
We’ll update the data soon.
Symbiosis School of Culinary Arts Past Papers
We’ll update the data soon.