SYSTEMATIC TRAINING AND EDUCATION PROGRAMME - STEP
The Oberoi Group offer a three-year Programme for students who have passed Class XII. The Sytematic Training and Education Programme -STEP includes comprehensive on-the-job training at select Oberoi and Trident Hotels along with a correspondence Bachelor's Degree in Tourism Studies from Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU).
The programmes offered :
• Hotel Operations Programme - Front Office and Food & Beverage Service
• Hotel Operations Programme - Housekeeping
• Hotel Operations Programme - Kitchen
In keeping with The Oberoi Group's philosophy of training and developing its people, The Oberoi Centre of Learning and Development invests time, effort and money in candidates selected for the three year STEP Programme.
Selected candidates will be enrolled into the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) - Bachelor of Tourism Studies.
This investment includes all expenses on IGNOU course fee and books, accommodation, duty meals, transportation, medical insurance and uniforms. Selected candidates are paid a monthly allowance during the training period.
The programme includes a dedicated study day once a week, three weeks study leave to take IGNOU exams and three weeks annual leave.
On successful completion of the STEP Programme, trainees will receive a Bachelor of Tourism Studies degree from IGNOU and a Certificate of Proficiency from The Oberoi Centre of Learning and Development.
The programme prepares candidates to join The Oberoi Group as Operations Assistant at our hotels.
The programme will commence in mid-August.
Candidates should be above 18 and below 20 years of age, as on 15th August, of the year of joining the Programme.
• Clear pass in Class XII as on 1st July, of the year of joining, from a Board recognised by the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), India.
• The programmes requires a Class X English score of 71% or above. The equivalent in CBSE is a B1 Grade or a 8 Grade Point.