After completing the BCA course students can start as Junior Programmer or a Software Tester and then move higher up the ranks and attain the role of a Senior Programmer. IT industry is booming in India and even in times of global recession, the Indian scene was relatively stable. While BCA gives students a solid grounding in technology theory, career wise, you're more likely to find your competitive edge by completing your MCA.
1) The job opportunities exist in Government Sectors (Armed Forces, Nationalized Banks, PSUs e.t.c.) as well.
2) When it comes to Private sector, Software MNCs (like Infosys, TCS, Google, Tech-Mahindra, Patni, and WIPRO) are the prime recruiters. Web hosting, IT sector, Electronics Industry is some other sectors that recruits BCA. Graduates.
3) Graduates may also become self employed, by becoming freelance or independent software developers, software security experts, consultants etc.
4) One may also go for advanced courses such as MCA.
5) PhD and eventually take up teaching job or even venture into Research and Development sector associated with this field!